• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Serious Issue with my result -.-

Reaction score
I gave my papers this year for A levels in May/June. My result was pathetic. I was so disheartened, I decided to drop my idea of medicine. But apparently a few days ago I went to collect my results & my grades had CHANGED! My D became a B! So that makes my result as 2 As, 1 B & 1 C. Because of the stupid CIE, I'm on a gap year. Now all of a sudden, a new thing just popped up in my head. I want to re-do my A levels. Because I think I can change the B & C to A*s! My friends are kinda against my decision, but I could really do with some advice. Should I re do my A levels?

Reaction score
Re-do your levels? and then do medicine?
Just to add up for you, from next year Mbbs is going to be of 6 year study, and Bds will be 5 years ofstudy.
Thinking of a govt med college? Forget it until u get A*'s and a veryyyy good Mcat result.
Whats he guarantee of you getting A*'s and a very good Mcat result then too?
You can get admission with these grades into Cmh too, just try to do their entry test well. I don't think so you should re-attempt it.

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
I gave my papers this year for A levels in May/June. My result was pathetic. I was so disheartened, I decided to drop my idea of medicine. But apparently a few days ago I went to collect my results & my grades had CHANGED! My D became a B! So that makes my result as 2 As, 1 B & 1 C. Because of the stupid CIE, I'm on a gap year. Now all of a sudden, a new thing just popped up in my head. I want to re-do my A levels. Because I think I can change the B & C to A*s! My friends are kinda against my decision, but I could really do with some advice. Should I re do my A levels?

Is there any reason that you should redo the A-levels...? I mean are there any specific scholarships that you want etc..? coz if there is no reason and you can get addmission in ur prefered uni then why waste a whole year? time is important you know... just my two cents on the topic..

Reaction score
Ghazna12, No, I'm actually aiming for private universities only. Plus I gave my SAT subjects recently so I don't have to appear for the UHS entrance.
badrobot14, I said that that I'm already on a gap year, so if I appear for my A levels again in 2012, I won't be wasting any time!
But then again, who knows I might end up with the same results. Thank you so much both of you for your advice. Much appreciated :)

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Ghazna12, No, I'm actually aiming for private universities only. Plus I gave my SAT subjects recently so I don't have to appear for the UHS entrance.
badrobot14, I said that that I'm already on a gap year, so if I appear for my A levels again in 2012, I won't be wasting any time!
But then again, who knows I might end up with the same results. Thank you so much both of you for your advice. Much appreciated :)
Oh, my bad.. then probably no harm in trying to improve your grades...

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, do that. You have all the time in the world to resit for those two subjects.
If these are your core subjects, they'll help you in MCAT preparation as well.

Don't waste this opportunity, as they say, "opportunity doesn't knock twice."

Reaction score
As far as I know, my grades are good enough for me to get into Shifa, RLMC even CMH! Because I'm applying on the overseas seat. I'll consult my teachers over this matter :)
Thank you so much once again!

Reaction score
when you knew you have a good result, why did you post, "serious issue with result?

Reaction score
Ghazna12, it's just that I don't want to settle for something so low! :$ It's just the competitive streak talking, and I'm still thinking over it.

Reaction score
well my humble opinion would be don't go for the retake. bad idea. its hard to focus again plus no big incentive in retaking those exams. Alevel is just a formality to get into a university. there will be whole lot change and this alevels ain't gonna help you much ahead so drop this idea of retake. i guess you better focus on the career you are aiming. prepare yourself for it like if medical then MCAT prep or some intern ship would be a nice idea. keep searching for universities and invest time in the prep of entry tests and all. don't know about others but C.M.H is on 4 u . B is good to get there.

Reaction score
heyy :)
if u think u can get better results,go 4 it
if ur getting admissions with these grades and not facing any problems,its fine i think :)
btw what did u mean by ur results just getting changed?! :eek:u didnt check it sahi se b4 or what?:confused:

Reaction score
Re-do your levels? and then do medicine?
Just to add up for you, from next year Mbbs is going to be of 6 year study, and Bds will be 5 years ofstudy.
Thinking of a govt med college? Forget it until u get A*'s and a veryyyy good Mcat result.
Whats he guarantee of you getting A*'s and a very good Mcat result then too?
You can get admission with these grades into Cmh too, just try to do their entry test well. I don't think so you should re-attempt it.

Is this report confirmed ? Can I get any authentic source please . Thankyou

Reaction score

One of my friend is in the same boat as you are . He was quite intelligent . His o'level and as'level grades were really good , but I don't know why he messed up his final a'level results . Although he was able to get in a good medical university . But still he is suffering from depression . He still couldn't believe what had happened .

Now coming to the question , I suggest you give retakes ,Inshallah improve your grades and ace your MCAT . As you are on a Gap year , I suggest you go for it . Ultimately , its your choice in the end .

Good luck.:)

Reaction score
rviboy, I appeared for my SAT subjects already, so that mean I don't have to appear for any entrance exams! I have AMPLE time to revise for my A levels!
MysteryGirl, I did check my result, apparently it was 73% of the batch who had their grades changed, some technical error, apparently.
Thank you everyone! I think I'll be doing Istikhrah on this. It seems like I need the Almighty's help to make my decision. :$

Reaction score
rviboy, I appeared for my SAT subjects already, so that mean I don't have to appear for any entrance exams! I have AMPLE time to revise for my A levels!
MysteryGirl, I did check my result, apparently it was 73% of the batch who had their grades changed, some technical error, apparently.
Thank you everyone! I think I'll be doing Istikhrah on this. It seems like I need the Almighty's help to make my decision. :$

Did you get your new result after you collected your official certificates of old result ? Did you get new certificates after you got your new results ?

Reaction score
Did you get your new result after you collected your official certificates of old result ? Did you get new certificates after you got your new results ?
We only received our statement of results earlier in September, Our main results came out just recently shocking half the batch when they saw their results changed. One of my friends had a B which changed into an A*!

Reaction score
We only received our statement of results earlier in September, Our main results came out just recently shocking half the batch when they saw their results changed. One of my friends had a B which changed into an A*!

So was it the CIE or your school fault's in publishing wrong results ?

Reaction score
Is this report confirmed ? Can I get any authentic source please . Thankyou

Umm, Yeah it is, go talk to any professor (Medical) or any teacher (Medical) they'll tell you.. There are a lot of changes coming out!
My Anatomy professor (Dr.Amjad Ali) told us recently that you are lucky to start ur Medical education this year, because from the next year the students will have to undergo 6 and 5 years of study (excluding housejob) for MBBS and BDS respectively.