• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Serious advice needed

Reaction score
So guys i got into FAST Electrical but my main preference was mechatronics in NUST but didnt got in..Now i really want to do mechatronics other engineerings look dull to me and ill be forcing through the studies. So advice i need is that what if i enroll in Fast electrical and then next year give another try in Nust mechatronics. Do you guys think this is a good idea or should i stick to electrical in FAst. One thing to note is that i was already on a gap year so is it advisable to waste another year?? Please need some serious advice

Reaction score
Time is extremely valuable. Don't waste another year!
Stick to Fast-Electrical.

Reaction score
So guys i got into FAST Electrical but my main preference was mechatronics in NUST but didnt got in..Now i really want to do mechatronics other engineerings look dull to me and ill be forcing through the studies. So advice i need is that what if i enroll in Fast electrical and then next year give another try in Nust mechatronics. Do you guys think this is a good idea or should i stick to electrical in FAst. One thing to note is that i was already on a gap year so is it advisable to waste another year?? Please need some serious advice

In ur situation, joining FAST and applying to NUST next year again is a very good idea. As u mentioned, u find other engineerings dull and u have a keen interest in machatronics, so there is no need for forcing urself through studies. Remember, it's not only about forcing urself for only for years but ur career will be defined by this and u will be forcing urself for the rest of ur life! So, one more year is nothing in front of staying unhappy for the rest of ur life!
Best of luck!

Reaction score
In ur situation, joining FAST and applying to NUST next year again is a very good idea. As u mentioned, u find other engineerings dull and u have a keen interest in machatronics, so there is no need for forcing urself through studies. Remember, it's not only about forcing urself for only for years but ur career will be defined by this and u will be forcing urself for the rest of ur life! So, one more year is nothing in front of staying unhappy for the rest of ur life!
Best of luck!

Yea man wasting one more year is nothing when compared to so many years in getting a degree and then getting a job for the rest of my life and doing something i'm not interested in. I'll definitely try next year in getting in the program i desire. Thanks for the advice cheers :)