• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Selecting Biology!!???

Reaction score
Guys a friend of mine wants to take Biology in A Levels but he didn't study it in O Levels. He doesn't like Maths so he don't want to go for engineering... So is it possible for him to Study Biology directly from A Levels without any background??...

Reaction score
i DNT THINK SO BCZ THE BASIC KNOWLEDGE IS GIVEN IN O LS.iF HE/SHE HAVE STUDIED AT LEAST SOMETHING BETTER TELL HIM/HER TO GO THROUGH THE BOOK.ALS REQUIRE THE KNOWLEDGE IN OLS .THE LESSONS R INTERTWINED ASWELL

Reaction score
trust me, no basic that's the end of him. the basic is what's important. tell him to take other subs. bio may be easy but it's fully packed with information unless he plans to suicide then i dont have anymore comments. fyi i am taking biology and this is my last year and a month left before A level. im just saying based on my experience. :) good luck :)

Reaction score
usmanmahmood said:
Guys a friend of mine wants to take Biology in A Levels but he didn't study it in O Levels. He doesn't like Maths so he don't want to go for engineering... So is it possible for him to Study Biology directly from A Levels without any background??...
Absolutely impossible, your O levels is the base for handling what you learn in A levels, How about you ask him to opt for subjects like Psychology, Business Studies or AICT?

Reaction score
I 2 think in the same way.Tell to do some subject which he did 4 ols

Reaction score
Hahahaha... Right that's exactly what I told him but he said that i was just scaring him and its not all that stuff.. :D

Reaction score
Best advise would be do olevels biology in this oct/nov and to alevel biology in may june session because he will continue his base directly which would be a good idea.

Reaction score
usmanmahmood said:
Btw is Bussiness Studies a good subject and can it be directly studied at A Levels??
Yes, totally. I have a lot of friends who've done that.

Reaction score
a level bio requires a lot of skill.....so say him dun even think abt it if he has nt given in o levels........by the way he cn go applied ICT