• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

SAT question.

Reaction score
No, grade E is way too low. It should be at least C for them to even consider you. B is usually the cutoff. And then, if your SAT Math score (not usually the SAT I, would be better if you took the SAT II Math Level 1) is better than your percentage at grade C, then it would be covered up by the score itself.

Reaction score
I see, but isn't SAT I maths roughly equal to GCSE maths? How come it won't cover it up? Just curious.
I'm okay at maths, I just took the wrong calculator in p2 which shut off as soon as I started the first operation.
Can you please tell me what level of maths is involved in SAT II Math level 1?

Reaction score
I see, but isn't SAT I maths roughly equal to GCSE maths? How come it won't cover it up? Just curious.
I'm okay at maths, I just took the wrong calculator in p2 which shut off as soon as I started the first operation.
Can you please tell me what level of maths is involved in SAT II Math level 1?
Just google the subject, you'll find everything at the College Board website. Plus, it will compare some portions, but SAT I Maths isn't very broad in its syllabus.

Reaction score
Just one last question and no offense meant, but are you sure that SAT II Math will, no questions asked cover up my result? Or should I swallow a bitter pill and resit O Level maths? I find SAT easier, since I am allowed to use a calculator, and I suck at maths without it.
Thank you for the help so far. God bless.

Reaction score
Just one last question and no offense meant, but are you sure that SAT II Math will, no questions asked cover up my result? Or should I swallow a bitter pill and resit O Level maths? I find SAT easier, since I am allowed to use a calculator, and I suck at maths without it.
Thank you for the help so far. God bless.
In my opinion, you should swallow the bitter pill. SAT II Math will only cover your subject if it is grade C, no less.
Feel free to ask me any question, anytime :)

Reaction score
I got offers from Westchester, Mercy and other colleges. :D
I'll still try to resit maths or give SAT II.
I'm good at sports and have served as class monitor several times, that helps right?

Reaction score
I got offers from Westchester, Mercy and other colleges. :D
I'll still try to resit maths or give SAT II.
I'm good at sports and have served as class monitor several times, that helps right?
Congratulations!
Sports; yes.
Class monitor; I'm not sure. Universities ask for display of leadership, so I guess that monitor falls under that. Again, I'm not very sure.

Reaction score
I've decided to take AS level maths in the upcoming session! :D
What should I achieve to cover up my O level grade? I flicked through and it seems easy enough, I'll be taking mechanics. Good choice?

Reaction score
I've decided to take AS level maths in the upcoming session! :D
What should I achieve to cover up my O level grade? I flicked through and it seems easy enough, I'll be taking mechanics. Good choice?
If your Calculus and Physics knowledge is good, then yeah, Mechanics is fine. Aim for an A. Don't go lower than a B. What do you want to study?

Reaction score
Something science related, like bio chemistry. I prolly can't do that with an E grade in O level, but they'll hopefully look at my maths AS level and let me in, since A level > O levels. :p

Reaction score
Something science related, like bio chemistry. I prolly can't do that with an E grade in O level, but they'll hopefully look at my maths AS level and let me in, since A level > O levels. :p
If you're going to the US, that won't help. They look at all your results from the 9th till the 12th grade.
I highly recommend that you give your O-level Mathematics exam again.

Reaction score
Sigh, now I'm having doubts. I don't have 5 passes at O levels and I read that 5 passes a-c are equal to a US high school diploma, which means my SAT/A levels are for nothing, apparently....

Reaction score
I need a final answer, one says it doesn't matter and the other says it does. I didn't score 5 A-C passes because of I had to shift from Lahore to Islamabad.
Also, 5 A-C, is that compulsory for even community colleges? I'll be giving AS maths so I can't sit O level maths.
Please, one final answer, and with proof and MERIT.
Thank you.