• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Sat Help urgent....Pls

Reaction score
hey guys i really want the help of those who have already done SAT.I am good in Maths A levles but i have recently been out of touch with the english grammer.So plz can u help me how to study for english.I got the Barrons book yesterday and am practicing from it but I am getting 2 or 3 out of 6 in English.What shall I do??also i want above 2000 to get admission in NUST ,Lums or IBA?Any suggestions on how should I study and how many hours.I will be giving it in October.

Reaction score
hey guys i really want the help of those who have already done SAT.I am good in Maths A levles but i have recently been out of touch with the english grammer.So plz can u help me how to study for english.I got the Barrons book yesterday and am practicing from it but I am getting 2 or 3 out of 6 in English.What shall I do??also i want above 2000 to get admission in NUST ,Lums or IBA?Any suggestions on how should I study and how many hours.I will be giving it in October.
which sat are u giving .. sat I or sat II subject test ... October is a long way so you've got the right amount of time for scoring a 2000+ score... just give 2 hours or more daily and you'll be alright.... but in the end practice tests are what really guarantee you a good score... get them by any means possible download and printout or the market whatever ... the barron's guide has enough tests but the more the better ... this site has downloadable content ... give at least two weeks to practice tests before the test ... time management is a bigger issue.. practically speaking almost everyone can't complete all of the questions due to lack of time, just having hte knowledge doesn't guarantee a good score... BE QUICK .. (this i learned from my bad experience with the SAT II) ... this is all i can say .. i hope it helps out ... cheers

Reaction score
The best way would be to start from WREN AND MARTIN...grammar series?....they r wonderful for improvement

Manage your time...be punctual with the word list and readily enhance your vocab.....u have a very short time span........about your timings...take care to consolidate it...when u feel most fresh...at that time study the areas u find hardest....I recommend early mornings from 4am to 9 am..,,..best timings for me.....look at your strengths and work them out in organising your grammar skills

Reaction score
Only one thing I would like to say. "Practice makes perfect"
Especially for SAT1.
You need a lot of practice for SAT1 and need to learn time management. (too less time for SAT1)
You need to know how much time do different types of questions require. What questions you need to skip and how to guess the answers etc. All of this you learn from practice.

Reaction score
how many questions r there in math SAT 1
nd how much time is given?