• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

SAT for applying for a medical uni in pak??

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum!! :)

InshaAllah, I'm planning to give SAT. I might be late to start but anyways, I think its a better alternative to the entry test!?! I'd like to know,do I need to appear for Maths? or only sciences? And how do I prepare for them? I'm doing A levels now, and in the final year. Is SAT difficult? I've started with the A2 portions and finished quite a bit. I checked the NUST website, and it said that the SAT scores must be sent by the 10th of July. So when do you think should I appear for the SATs? and also are the tests for all subjects in a single day or..?? :unknown:

Please, I'm too confused about it!!
JazakAllah Khair!

Reaction score
Walaikum Asalaam!
I'm appearing for my SAT tests too, most probably by the end of November. Yes I totally believe that it's better to do your SATs & send the universities your score, because it's so much more better than appearing for hordes of entry tests. & also, you'll be competing against students who have given SATs & not the entry test.
For Medicine, you'll have to appear for Bio, Chem & Physics. Each subject is out of 800. & of you want your place fixed, score a 710+ in each subject. It's hard I know. But that just means, you're IN!
All the tests are in a single day, & no it's not that difficult. Especially when you've done A levels =]
You'll have to register through www.collegeboard.com I dunno how much each test costs, because I've joined Princeton Review in Dubai, & they charge all together for the tests & classes.
Good Luck!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
I've not anyways completed my A levels yet.... :unknown: and I won't be taking any classes as such, do you think, it'll be alright? and do I need to give Maths?

Reaction score
If you're not applying for engineering, then no, you don't have to give Math =]
Ohkay, I'd suggest you appear for the one on the 3rd of December. You'll get over with a solid preparation withing 5 weeks of dedicated studying. & I'd say you buy those SAT books.
Not joining a good institute is a bad idea =/ Because you gotta be aware of the pattern & stuff.
But it's up to you =] Though I'll be more than glad to help =]

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
I don't really know if here I've some institutes plus, I'm having schools too...so I can't anyways leave school for SAT prep! :\

and Jazakumullah Khair...for offering help...Do let me know...which books I must use! :)

Reaction score
Anees Hussaain! Who can beat his SAT classes?
Like you said, you've already done pretty much of your A2, & as far as I know, I really bet you'll be able to cope up & ace both of them!
Barrons. Definitely.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
I know a teacher named Muhammad Al Muhammadii from "Somewhere in the world of course". Ever heard of him? :mad:
If you don't want to reveal your *location*, how in the world can anyone suggest you a teacher? Tell me HOW!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Nibz said:
I know a teacher named Muhammad Al Muhammadii from "Somewhere in the world of course". Ever heard of him? :mad:
If you don't want to reveal your *location*, how in the world can anyone suggest you a teacher? Tell me HOW!
Aoa!

I didnt ask for a teacher, anyways! I asked about the general guidance! :\

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
destined007 said:
Most medical universities in Karachi won't accept your SAT, you know that right?
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

Which unis accept SATs?

And I just need to give SAT II right? bio chem and phys?

Reaction score
if you are an international student then many will accept SAT in Pakistan. Give bio chem and phy.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum!! :)

One more thing, if I want to apply on SAT basis, will I be considered a foreign student? or can I still apply as a local student?!

Reaction score
Only foreign students can apply through SAT basis. If you have to apply through local basis you will have to give aptitude tests.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Are you sure about it? Cuz on the NUST website, AMC in specific, it's said that locals can also excercise this option, i.e. , apply on the SAT basis?!

Reaction score
Yeah, NUST has 2 options, SAT seat for National students & SAT for International students. So you'll be applying for SAT international!
For every other private university you can apply as a foreign student though SAT, except for AKU. & trust me it's SO much more better than competing with a billion brainy kids through the entrance exams!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
But thething is I want to apply as a local not a foreign!! :S