• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

RETAKES AS LEVEL

Reaction score
Hi, everyone.. congratulations to everyone who did extraordinarily well in their exams.. for some of us who didn't do as well as they expected here's a question. Do retakes affect the possibility of getting into a good university?

Reaction score
Also, I want to add my own little question to the original post; before I decide on a retake... can someone tell me honestly(but gently pls) if its possible to go from a C in your AS level to an A overall? I got less than my desired result, I'm confused as hell on how I got a C(I really really thought I had done well there :( ), and retake might not be an option for other reasons.

So?

Reaction score
Hi, everyone.. congratulations to everyone who did extraordinarily well in their exams.. for some of us who didn't do as well as they expected here's a question. Do retakes affect the possibility of getting into a good university?

Well it depends how you define 'good'. If we're talking Cambridge etc then yes, but not significantly if you're only retaking one subject (although if you are retaking more, it will).

It also depends what course you're applying for. If you're applying for engineering then not really, as those courses are less competitive. If you're applying for competitive courses such as Medicine, Law or Economics, then yes.

TLDR: retakes give admissions officers an easy reason to reject you if applying to competitive universities and/or courses. Although it's still worth trying!

Reaction score
Also, I want to add my own little question to the original post; before I decide on a retake... can someone tell me honestly(but gently pls) if its possible to go from a C in your AS level to an A overall? I got less than my desired result, I'm confused as hell on how I got a C(I really really thought I had done well there :( ), and retake might not be an option for... reasons.

So?
well depends on the subjeccts you may do that in a language subject but very large chances are you will not . you might get it if you have a very high C

Moi

Reaction score
am retaking physics...i got a C :( is it possible to get A ? is winter session easier than summer?