• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Remarking :/

Reaction score
Hey Guys.i've remarked biology to get A* and just one mark left for it ;/ am so frightened do you think am gonna get it :)? thanks

Reaction score
Hey pal !!! well if i advise u then go for resit rather than for rechecking. becoz the chances are very low that u would end up getting a higher grade than before. I know u r more keen to get a* but i would say be happy if u got an a grade because people in edexcel die to get an A grade. and i believe that u r quite capable to go to universities if u have achived A grades in ur subjects . Dont be greedy to get a higher grade, because this may end up worst. Trust me :)

Reaction score
I did the same thing when i was in o levels. I got an unexpected grade in one of my subjects and i had this doubt that the edexcel people had done some kind of a huge mistake in my paper. thats why my grades turned out to be so unexpected.Then obviously i chose for rechecking thing becoz i didnt know how much risky it really was. Consequently, my doubts were totally wrong. it got totally reversed in other words. It was my fault not theirs. They sent me the paper to take a look at my mistakes. The mistakes that i made were quite silly ones which i soon realised and i repented a lot too. thats why i advise u not to go for rechecking because somehow u may repent in this due to its riskiness. I know right now u r feeling confident that u had done much better in this paper and therefore u need to go for rechecking but seriously speaking edexcel people try to do less mistakes in exam matters. So that they dont get complains from candidates.

Reaction score
but it's just one mark left for the star am so sad about it and almost depresses i hope i could get just one mark to make me satisfied :S
thanks but i've already made the rechecking and i just have to wait

Reaction score
Well, hey Menna :)

Re-marking in Edexcel board is really really useful, SPECIALLY for languages. Because Edexcel is a faulty board, and this fact well-known about the board, A* in edexcel exams is HELL EASY!
For Science and Maths, it's not easy for them to do any faults, because it's a fixed type mark-scheme with right and wrong answers, not like language, which is marked in a specific point of view somehow but they still may do some faults in Science and Maths

What I want to say is:

Go for remarking, You won't lose anything, But you'll absolutely get the burden off your chest, and I hope you get higher grade.

Reaction score

Re-marking in Edexcel board is really really useful, SPECIALLY for languages. Because Edexcel is a faulty board, and this fact well-known about the board, A* in edexcel exams is HELL EASY!
For Science and Maths, it's not easy for them to do any faults, because it's a fixed type mark-scheme with right and wrong answers, not like language, which is marked in a specific point of view somehow but they still may do some faults in Science and Maths

What I want to say is:

Go for remarking, You won't lose anything, But you'll absolutely get the burden off your chest, and I hope you get higher grade.
Thank you so much!-.- i wish i could just one higher mark to get the star :( anyways thanks for your help :)

Reaction score
but it's just one mark left for the star am so sad about it and almost depresses i hope i could get just one mark to make me satisfied :S
thanks but i've already made the rechecking and i just have to wait
Friend i know how it feels. I know edexcel people are human beings and ofcourse humans can do mistakes no doubt. But no problem at least u did ur best and got A grade. Best of luck for the future. Try focusing on your college now because thats more worth it. A grade is a really good grade. Trust me!! I know u were really close to A* but u know what it shows that u have got a really high a grade, which is quite impressive. So be cool :)

Reaction score

What I want to say is:

Hmm u r right friend!! But u know what why i am saying not to go for this rechecking thing because it make ur hopes low. I mean there is more chance that ur grades wont change anyway and that u r wasting ur money at tthe same time. After u would know about ur unchanged grade u would feel really bad because things didnt happen as u were expecting before. I am saying this becoz edexcel people r like that. they dont increase grades in that way because they fear that people would start complaining about their checking method And peopl would say that they are really inaccurate in checking which would ultimately lead us candidates to move to other examination boards.

Reaction score
idk but nothing to be frightened of if you got mark then you will get A* if you didn't you will stay A go for it and don't care and you will get A*