• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

REALLY IMP.please help me!!

Reaction score
Guys i gave my AS level and got a B in physics :(
I am really sad but at the same time i got a B in chemistry as well and i will be repeating the subject.
My question is in order to get good grades in A2 should i repeat my AS this oct session?? My UMS were 71 in physics
Is there any possibilty that i might get A or A* in physics after giving A2???
just give me the risk factors please!!!

Reaction score
Yes you can get A in A2 with a B but U will have to work hard.
Giving retake and getting better grades is also an option.

Reaction score
i wish but i am also retaking maths ans chem
maths 81 and chem 74...... i was going thourgh i lot of depresion duirng the time of my AS level but i now i am recovering ....i can finish AS chem and maths by august hopefully and i am ready to work hard for A2 in nooo cost
and please pray for me
do you think its still advisable for me to giv physics as well...i also doing A2 now....i dnt care about how much hard work i hav to do
thanks for your help
zazak Allah khair
May Allah lead us to the righteous path

Reaction score
Then don't repeat physics. Its not much of a medicine kinda subject. Carry on with phy and retake chem.
But don't stop working hard in phy.

Reaction score
My advice would be to repeat physics as well since when you would be making your equivalency from IBCC,they would consider physics,chemistery and biology for medical.Dont give math because you already have an A in math.I had B on 75% in chemistery and repeated it.Guess what?I got an A* in A2.One of my friend didn't repeat.He had the same %age in As and got an A in chemistery A2.

Reaction score
what i say is...njoy a lot..study a little..but study in a well manner..!! getting A* after 71 in physics is difficult....A and A*...makes a little difference for me..!! I prefer A if i can njoy rather than study much and get A*....rest is urs..gud luck!!

Reaction score
thanks guy...but i am not in pakistan. I will be applying to UK and many univerisitites asked for chem and bio and a third subject...mostly requiring A*A*A* and an A.........so i was asking for suggestion! to me maths its not gonna be difficult to give maths again..but physics hell yeah!! i hate the subject but am continuing A2 anyway...chemi i love it and inshAllah i will be finishing my prep my ramadan and same goes for maths and + i am doinf some studies with medicine to make my personal statement really interesting to read and also intellectual. I would also have to study for BMAT!! damn that admissinon test is hard...thats why i asked was it an absolute necessary and i dnt wanna hav any sorts of fun b4 i get an offer from a good uni...i suffered a lot thorugh my AS...i just pulled my self to study thorugh out the year and during my exam time my house was in nooo condition fr me to study AT ALL.....buti dnt want o give and i hate to give up and i definetely do not want to lose hope..thatsa horrible thing for me. thats why i wanted to asj if it was an absolutle necessary.

Reaction score
sadman said:
thanks guy...but i am not in pakistan. I will be applying to UK and many univerisitites asked for chem and bio and a third subject...mostly requiring A*A*A* and an A.........so i was asking for suggestion! to me maths its not gonna be difficult to give maths again..but physics hell yeah!! i hate the subject but am continuing A2 anyway...chemi i love it and inshAllah i will be finishing my prep my ramadan and same goes for maths and + i am doinf some studies with medicine to make my personal statement really interesting to read and also intellectual. I would also have to study for BMAT!! damn that admissinon test is hard...thats why i asked was it an absolute necessary and i dnt wanna hav any sorts of fun b4 i get an offer from a good uni...i suffered a lot thorugh my AS...i just pulled my self to study thorugh out the year and during my exam time my house was in nooo condition fr me to study AT ALL.....buti dnt want o give and i hate to give up and i definetely do not want to lose hope..thatsa horrible thing for me. thats why i wanted to asj if it was an absolutle necessary.

I like your spirit.
Don't forget to give other assessment tests like SAT, IELTS, etc.
InshAllah you will become what you want to become.

Reaction score
Repeating your subjects along with your A2 in the May/June session could also be considered. This will give you time to clear up BMAT and stuff in October/November. Many students do that by giving all of their AS and A2 subjects together in the same session at the end of 2 years and they do well in them, so you can consider that too. This will give you more time to prepare for your AS, too. But I can tell you this, if you work hard and not get distracted before two months of the exams there is no reason why you can't get an A. I also want to do medicine in the future and I know how tough it can be when preparing for these entry tests and the UK universities have one of the toughest admission processes, so I advice you to repeat your AS in June so that you can give ample time to BMAT.

Reaction score
THAKKS HAMIDA!!! you are the best!! the suggestion is awesome nd yes i will consider it inshAllah!!!

Reaction score
The prblm when u give both As n A2 at the end of 2 years is u need revision for AS too....!! now..if u can manage time for it, do as hamidali said..!! i did the same..!!