• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Ramadan - The Month of Awesomeness!

Reaction score
I asked Abu Said Al-Khudri, “Did you hear Allah’s Apostle talking about the Night of Qadr?” He replied in the affirmative and said, “Once we were in Itikaf with Allah’s Apostle in the middle ten days of (Ramadan) and we came out of it in the morning of the twentieth, and Allah’s Apostle- delivered a sermon on the 20th (of Ramadan) and said, ‘I was informed (of the date) of the Night of Qadr (in my dream) but had forgotten it. So, look for it in the odd nights of the last ten nights of the month of Ramadan. I saw myself prostrating in mud and water on that night (as a sign of the Night of Qadr). So, whoever had been in Itikaf with Allah’s Apostle should return for it.’ The people returned to the mosque (for Itikaf). There was no trace of clouds in the sky. But all of a sudden a cloud came and it rained. Then the prayer was established (they stood for the prayer) and Allah’s Apostle prostrated in mud and water and I saw mud over the forehead and the nose of the Prophet.

Reaction score
The Prophet said, “There is a gate in Paradise called Ar-Raiyan, and those who observe fasts will enter through it on the Day of Resurrection and none except them will enter through it. It will be said, ‘Where are those who used to observe fasts?’ They will get up, and none except them will enter through it. After their entry the gate will be closed and nobody will enter through it.”

N.M

Reaction score
٣٨ – حدثنا ابن سلام قال: أخبرنا محمد ابن فضيل قال: حدثنا يحيى بن سعيد عن أبي سلمة، عن أبي هريرة قال: قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم: ((من صام رمضان إيمانا واحتسابا غفر له ما تقدم من ذنبه)). راجع : ٣٥

Narrated Abu Hurairah: Allah’s Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم said, “Whoever observes Saum(fasts) during the month of Ramadhaan out of sincere faith, and hoping to attain Allah’s Rewards, then all his past sins will be forgiven. (Sahih Bukhari # 38)

Reaction score
Ramadan A Time for Family
Posted on August 2, 2012 by Pure Matrimony_2
The Prophet (pbuh) said: "Convey (my teachings) to the people even if it were a single sentence.." (Bukhari)

Source : habibihalaqas.org

Bismillah

As Muslims, we do everything for the sake of Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala. Every action we do should somehow be a form of worship to our Creator. Doing anything for the sake of Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala gives you a warm and joyous feeling. Doing things for the sake of Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala with friends gives you positive vibes and increased ties of friendship. Doing things for the sake of Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala with your family?

Priceless.

Yes, really. Priceless.

Every year, during the month of Ramadan, Muslims around the world are united in their worship for Allah, through observing the daily fast. Families surround the sufra*, or dining table (depending on the culture), and break their daily fast together. Sure, it was a hard day, and fasting was difficult, but it’s okay. Your family went through the same thing with you. Why? Only for the pleasure of Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala. You, along with your family, and over a billion other Muslims around the world, went through the same thing. Why? Only for the sake of Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala.

Ramadan should be a time we get closer to Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala, that is a given. But why not use it to get closer to our families as well? It is one of the few times of the year they will be doing the same ibaadah as us, at the exact same time. We should use this month of mercy to exercise some mercy on our nearest and dearest. They will be going through the same difficulties as you during the month, so it’s a perfect time to open up to them, to befriend them, and, hopefully, help each other get closer to Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala, the One who made us family in the first place.

Practical Suggestions For Families In Ramadan

Before Ramadan:
- The training for Ramadan starts before Ramadan. It was said that the Sahaabah radiyAllahu ‘anhuma spent the six months after Ramadan asking Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala to accept it from them, and the six months before Ramadan preparing for it.
- Sit with your family and listen to some lectures about the fiqh of Ramadan, and attend lectures together.
- Learn to read Quran together, so you can enjoy reading the Quran both individually and with your family when the month comes.
- If you have any issues with any of your family members, do your best to make amends.

During Ramadan:
-In the month of Ramadan, help sleepy family members wake up for Suhur (pre-dawn meal). Take it one step further if you can, prepare it for them!
-Same goes for iftar (breaking fast). Turn on the radio to the Islamic station, so everyone can await the adhan together.
-Help the home-maker of your household. Whether it’s your mum or dad, your sister or your grandmother, make sure you help whoever needs helping around the house. Prepare the salad, watch the cooking while they pray, help with the clean-up afterwards. Remember, even the chef of the house needs to get some ibaadah done during this blessed month. Many hands make light work, so offer yours. May Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala make your work on the day of Judgement light!
-Encourage your family members to read Quran together and attend Taraweeh as a family. If this means helping them out extra during the day so they can go, then do it! It’s only one month of the year; you should make an effort!
-Eat together. Do not sit huddled up in your room, even if you are studying hard. If you’re really pressed for time, take at least 10 minutes out and eat with them. It is worth it.
-Forgive any and all who test your patience during Ramadan. Blood sugars are low, stomachs are grumbling, and iftar time might seem too far away for some of your family members. Do not take it personally if they snap during that time. Remember, “I’m fasting, I’m fasting!” Forgive them and be understanding of any difficulties they are facing.

After Ramadan:
-Once Ramadan has ended, commit to continuing all the things you did during the month. If you ate with your family the whole month, keep it up. If you held your tongue with your husband, keep holding it! If you made the effort to hug your parents each day, do not stop! These little things will help bring a family together, and who knows what great strides you can make the following Ramadan if you manage to implement the habits you performed the previous one.

Ramadan is a time to get closer to Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala, and what better way to get closer to Him than by assisting the ones we love most. Ya Allah, help us and our loved ones reach Ramadan and bless us in it! Ameen.

*sufra: a mat used to serve food upon on the floor.

Reaction score
5 Misconceptions Regarding Ramadan

I just came across this article, so thought to share with you all =)
Since the month of Ramadan is just around the corner, at the time this article is written, and due to the fact that it is a month that reoccurs once every year, I thought it beneficial to make a short list of things people usually think about or do when it comes to this blessed month.
However, most people often do things wrong (no I am not talking about how you secretly used to eat and drink in the toilet when you were younger) but insha Allah this article will shed some light on a few very important issues.
#5 Ramadan is about FASTING not eating

Behold! The month of fasting in all its glory!

A revert would be forgiven for thinking that this month is all about food and not actually fasting, heck most people actually GAIN weight during Ramadan which is very odd to say the least, since it is a month of fasting and not a month of eating. But one only needs to look at every Muslim household the week before Ramadan starts and one will see mothers staking up on supplies as if they were preparing for Y2K all over again!
Not to mention what happens one hour before Iftaar, the amount of food that is prepared is mind blowing, we sometimes give more importance to the food than the fasting itself. Between all the sambosas and other special foods that seem so unique to this month, most of us, due to our joy, even forget to repeat after the Mu’athinwhen he calls out the Athaan for Maghrib, I mean how are you expected to? With your mouth full of dates and what not, the fact that you don’t forget to breathe is a miracle in itself.
It almost feels like we are trying to make up all the meals of the day and eat ’til it hurts to breathe (don’t pretend like it never happened to you) and then we complain about how the Taraaweeh is long and how our uncle that stands next to us in Salah keeps burping and you’re pretty sure the brother in front of you just farted in your face during ruku’, and you’re caught in between nauseating burps and spicy smelling farts. Don’t get me wrong though, eating is perfectly fine but just don’t forget to eat in moderation.
Also remember to chew before you swallow, otherwise next Salah you’ll be attending, will be Janaazah and notTaraaweeh.
#4 Worshipping Ramadan instead of Allaah

The Masjid is where it's at Akhi, during as well as after Ramadan

This month brings the good out of every Muslim, so much so that you will see many new faces at the local Masjid (even that dude who lives across the street from the Masjid who you thought was a kaafir drug dealer all year) a phenomenon known as “Ramadan Muslims”.
Although I dislike this term it is a sad truth, for many Muslims, Islam has become something you remember when someone passes away or on Eid etc... As for the rest of the year you are only a Muslim by your name (and even that is hard to guess sometimes, how am I supposed to know Moe is short for Muhammad?) you will see the Masjids packed, people actually praying fajr on time and many other wonderful things, yet as soon as this month passes the very same Masjids going back to their original size.
In reality we shouldn’t be like that, yes we should do more good deeds in Ramadan and yes we should strive even harder, but like the scholars say, if you want to know whether or not your good deeds are accepted then the sign for that is Allah allowing you to do more good deeds afterwards and so on.
Celebrating the end of Ramadan with a rave party is not a good sign.

Reaction score
#3 Ramadan is only about staying away from food

Let's prepare for Ramadan, shall we?

Not to be confused with #5 on this list, yes abstaining from food and drink is a part of Ramadan but there is so much more to it. Ramadan is a school, a training camp for us Muslims to improve ourselves spiritually.

This means that in Ramadan we stay away from everything haraam, listening to music, gossipping and every evil thing like it. I mean just think about it, in Ramadan what normally was halaal for us such as food, drink and intimacy with our spouses have all now become haraam for us during the day, right? So what do you think about things that were haraam in the first place! Doesn’t it mean that it is even more severe now?
It is extremely sad to see Muslims breaking their fasts with a cigarette, others (especially in the Arab world) actually prepare for Ramadan by making a TV schedule of what to watch and they refer to it as “killing time” until they can eat again. Did you not know that many of the great battles of Islam were fought during this blessed month? Whilst you keep lazying in bed the Prophet and the Muslims “killed time” by marching and defending Islam.
In short, do not fool yourself, if you only want hunger and fatigue from your fasting, then by all means watch whatever you want, do whatever you please. But if you care about the reward that is with Allah, and Allah alone, then know that the meaning of fasting is to abstain from all forms of sin, and not just from food.
#2 The night of Power, Laylat-ul-Qadr is on the 27th

The reward with Allah is Greater!
Even though a lot of narrations point towards this night being the special night, which is better than a 1000 months, a lot of brothers and sisters misunderstood the bigger picture, you see them only praying Tahajjud on that night (like a poor person placing all his money on one lottery ticket [lottery is haraam by the way]) others only pray during the odd nights and sleep during the even nights.
Imagine for a moment if a billionaire made an announcement at the Masjid and said ”For each day (the ten last days) I will give one hundred thousand pounds to whomever attends the Masjid, and I will give one million pounds on a day only known to myself, whomever is here that day will get that money”.
Personally I would have camped inside the masjid (‘itikaaf ring any bells?) just for that money (and no you can’t rob that man or take him hostage). Now let us ask ourselves again, how many of us would come every other day? Or only on the 27th? I know a lot of you would have stayed an extra month and try to bargain with the man in order to get some more money, even though this worldly wealth will all leave us, but why don’t we struggle like that for the ever lasting rewards of Allah?
#1 Keeping up the good deeds after Ramadan

May Allah grant us steadfastness. Ameen!

Perhaps the key lesson in this article is this last point, many of us only ever finish the Qur’an during the month of Ramadan, others might only fast during this month and the majority of us only know of night prayers during Ramadan.
However if we want to make the most of this month, we should all make a plan that includes us preparing for this month as well as preparing for what comes after it.
Do not be like those people who exhaust themselves during this month only to call up their girlfriend/boyfriend on Eid to chill, rather make Ramadan the new start in your life, turn to Allah with sincerity and stop all the sins you might have been doing. If you don’t repent in Ramadan when the devils are chained up when will you repent?

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Al-Bukhaari (1957) and Muslim (1098) narrated from Sahl ibn Sa’d that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The people will continue to do well so long as they hasten to break the fast.”

N.M

Reaction score
Whoever stood for the prayers in the night of Qadr out of sincere Faith and hoping for a reward from ALLAH SWT, then all his previous sins will be forgiven
(Bukhari & Muslim)
----------------
The person who is unable to benefit from the blessings of this magnificent night (Lailat-Al-Qadr) is unfortunate
(Ibn-e-Majah)
--------------
Hold fast to Qiyam-Al-Lail is a means of the righteous before you and indeed Qiyam-Al-Lail is a means of nearness to ALLAH SWT, a means of prevention from sin, an expiation for bad deeds and a barrier for the body against diseases
(Tirmidhi & Ahmad)

N.M

Reaction score
Allah’s Apostle was the most generous of all the people, & he used to reach the peak of generosity in the month of Ramadan when Angel Gabriel met him. Allah’s Apostle was the most generous person, even more generous than the strong uncontrollable wind (in readiness and haste to do charitable deeds)
(Bukhari & Muslim)

------------

Once Angle Gabriel A.S supplicated Woe be upon him who got the Month of Ramazan (in a state of health & well being) but could not earn an expatiation of his sins Rasul ALLAH s.a.w said Ameen
(Hakim)

------------

Only Last 10 days left...!!
Brothers and Sisters, make the most out of it.