• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Racial abuse in US, UK, Canadian and Australian universities

Reaction score
I intend to study abroad in a western country. But I have always heard that Muslims and subcontinental people often get abused by westerners on the basis of race and religion. I have too much self-respect and I don't want to get treated badly if I get into western universities. So can someone please tell me about the real scenario? How much impact does this have in a person's university life?

Reaction score
Hi. I currently am studying in the United Kingdom and haven't experienced anything such. Yes, I heard about it too. But if you stay nice to people, they will treat you the same way. A brit's comment when he got to know that am from Pakistan: " Oh we should stay away from you. But then he said he's just kidding''. And they are great friends of mine now.

So nope, don't worry about this. Its completely fine, as far as I know and experienced.

Reaction score
Hi. I currently am studying in the United Kingdom and haven't experienced anything such. Yes, I heard about it too. But if you stay nice to people, they will treat you the same way. A brit's comment when he got to know that am from Pakistan: " Oh we should stay away from you. But then he said he's just kidding''. And they are great friends of mine now.

So nope, don't worry about this. Its completely fine, as far as I know and experienced.
Hey there! Do you mind if I ask which university you are at? I've firmed my place to read biochemistry at Uni of Bristol this September :)

Reaction score
Hey there! Do you mind if I ask which university you are at? I've firmed my place to read biochemistry at Uni of Bristol this September :)
I want to apply in Bristol in the future. Does Bristol offer scholarships and financial aids for international applicants, if yes, how much? What is the annual cost of living and tuition fees? What are the requirements to get in? 5 or 6 As in A level will be more than enough, right?

Reaction score
I want to apply in Bristol in the future. Does Bristol offer scholarships and financial aids for international applicants, if yes, how much? What is the annual cost of living and tuition fees? What are the requirements to get in? 5 or 6 As in A level will be more than enough, right?
Bristol does have scholarships for international students, though I should warn you that they are very sparing in generally all UK unis. Right now, they have 5 scholarships of 8500 pounds (split over three years of your course) for international students. You may also be eligible for a department scholarship (1000 - 2000 pounds per year). For example, I received a 2000 pound scholarship from the Biochemistry department a few weeks ago. You should really check their website for more information.
Tuition for a laboratory-based science (like mine) is 17250 pounds a year, which increases by a little bit every year. Living expenses depends on your choice of accommodation, which could range from 3000 pounds to 6000 pounds - depends how extravagantly you want to live. Apart form that, food - everyday expenses would probably add up to another 3000 pounds I suppose. Overall, it would be roughly 25000 pounds, barring any scholarships.
Requirements are always for three subjects only, and usually AAA. For me, it is AAA to include Chemistry. I would recommend a minimum of 3 A Levels and 1 AS Level.
If you have any other questions, feel free to drop me a message :)