• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Question for those who did chemistry 61 !!

Reaction score
hey i think its time for discussions ... oh it was really tough exam...while variant 2 was easy ( as manyy said ) ...i don't know why always variant 1 came a DISASTER :S ... anyways.... just want to discuss some points ..

1- what was the observant color change ?
2- why we didn't use indicator ?
3-the question about the volume of hydrogen peroxide ( the 12.5 ) was it 8 ?
3- THE DAMN TABLE ?
4- about the second graph .... was it best fit .. and what the examiner meant by " two intersecting lines " ... actually i have got 2 points did't fit the line .... :s ,, maybe i'm wrong in plotting :S :S ......
5-why was the cleaner must wash with water before throwing away ?

I HOPE THE CURVE WILL BE LOWER THAN 15 MARKS :S :S .....anyways GOOD LUCK in paper 3 and 1 inshallah

Reaction score
Dooouuu said:
hey i think its time for discussions ... oh it was really tough exam...while variant 2 was easy ( as manyy said ) ...i don't know why always variant 1 came a DISASTER :S ... anyways.... just want to discuss some points ..

3- THE DAMN TABLE ?
4- about the second graph .... was it best fit .. and what the examiner meant by " two intersecting lines " ... actually i have got 2 points did't fit the line .... :s ,, maybe i'm wrong in plotting :S :S ......

I HOPE THE CURVE WILL BE LOWER THAN 15 MARKS :S :S .....anyways GOOD LUCK in paper 3 and 1 inshallah

Well what i wrote was;
-colourless to purple but i am guessin the other way around.
-the indicator wud hav interefered with the colour changes.
-volume i got was 8
-The DAMN TABLE was confusing but i got values i cant remember rightly.
-It was a line of best fit, one was a diaganol from the origin through most of the points and the second line was the horizonta to join the very last 2 points cos they were at the same level. If i am right.
-and the cleaner should be washed before thrown is because animals might look to eat it or whatever and die of toxic gases or stuff. I aint sure.

i hope i get most of them ryte. But the colour change is probably purple to colourless.
your welcome. :)

Reaction score
the colour change in the conical flask was from colourless to pink ;-) it was all written down in the question

Reaction score
Dooouuu said:

3- THE DAMN TABLE ?

1. If your talking about the question with hydrogen peroxide, it was colourless to pink. This was given in the question.
2. Because the manganate acted as an indicator. Adding an indicator would have been superfluous.
3. If I remember correctly, one was 32 and the other was 16. I know for sure one was half of the other.
4. My graph was a line going up in a slope and then a horizontal line. They were both connected.
5. So as not to harm the environment as the chemicals were toxic.
These were my answers.

Reaction score
Giraffe195 said:
Dooouuu said:

3- THE DAMN TABLE ?

1. If your talking about the question with hydrogen peroxide, it was colourless to pink. This was given in the question.
2. Because the manganate acted as an indicator. Adding an indicator would have been superfluous.
3. If I remember correctly, one was 32 and the other was 16. I know for sure one was half of the other.
4. My graph was a line going up in a slope and then a horizontal line. They were both connected.
5. So as not to harm the environment as the chemicals were toxic.
These were my answers.

I WROTE EXACTLY THE SAME THINGS!!!

Reaction score
AhmedIsmail said:
I think the colour change from purple to pink! =S

Nope, sorry bro...colourless to pink. It asked for the colour change IN THE FLASK...since hydrogen peroxide was the substance IN THE FLASK, and it is colourless, it is from colourless to pink.

Reaction score
sorry to say but you guys are hopeless...the answer was literally in the question itself...hydrogen peroxide was the substance in the flask, and as you hopefully know H2O2 is a COLOURLESS liquid...which turned PINK after the titration. now please stop arguing for any other answers since colourless to pink is the only correct answer ;-)