• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Question about re-checking

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Although I got several A's in other subjects but in Pakistan studies , I received a B.

And I'm kind of disaapointed with the result, I'm gonna ask is it better to re-check the paper or leave it as it is. If I go for RE. how much time it'll take to get the re-check result back?

Reaction score
yess! same question here. i checked the mark scheme for biology which i got a B in and i am 100% sure it isn't supposed to be a B . thinking of re checking

Reaction score
If you are rechecking, the result will come out around December (atleast it did for me). All my friends who rechecked Islamiat last year didn't get their grade changed - and it's 1 in some 30-50 that do. I was pretty confident that Islamiat would get changed but it didn't. Usually the quicker you recheck - the quicker it comes.

Be absolutely sure - and then recheck.

If you want to go for re, best option IMO is giving it in Oct/Nov. You need to make up your mind early on that though and contact your school (and assess how well you are prepared, don't want to give the paper ill prepared). Most of my friends who gave last year in Oct/Nov improved their grades. You can get the recheck form from your school or the British Council.

Any more questions?

Reaction score
In my point of view, you shouldn't go for re-checking. There are many reasons for that .

1. Asking for re-checking is absolutely a foolish request because the papers are at least checked by three experienced examiners. So there is very low probability of an error in checking.
2. Re-checking is a very expensive procedure and it almost costs 10,000 to 12,000 Pakistani rupees.
3. Re-checking is also a lengthy process and you will find it very hard to concentrate on subjects which you will give next session.
4. If you have some objection on your grades , don't go for re-checking but try to appear in the same subject in next session .

These are the reasons why I hate re-checking .....
So please don't ask for it and try to work hard in the next session.