• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pysics Paper 31 (Discussion only)

Reaction score
Rangers said:
What was frequency?

i got like 3*10^-3

I think I got same ... but not sure , there was many questions with similar values so I can't remember it buddy ,it was confusing exam , I don't remember more than 2 questions lol

Reaction score
DowntownCrew said:
Rangers said:
What was frequency?

i got like 3*10^-3

I think I got same ... but not sure , there was many questions with similar values so I can't remember it buddy ,it was confusing exam , I don't remember more than 2 questions lol

me too

Reaction score
DowntownCrew said:
@rooney

I really don't believe in that xD
I attempted almost all questions , maybe there was something skipped but trust me so many mistakes done today !!! It was a freakin paper , primarily because of time , we had to do it in hurry and values were ... uhhh ! 1.2 x 10 ^8 .. damn , hate it!

What do you think about this gradient ? Any chance to be correct ?!

And yeah , if I see that grade on my certificate , you will be richer than kuwaiti emir :D
lol. You might get the mark if you ended up with 5.7. That was the main thing. You had to end up with 5,7

Reaction score
WayneRooney10 said:
DowntownCrew said:
@rooney

I attempted almost all questions , maybe there was something skipped but trust me so many mistakes done today !!! It was a freakin paper , primarily because of time , we had to do it in hurry and values were ... uhhh ! 1.2 x 10 ^8 .. damn , hate it!

And yeah , if I see that grade on my certificate , you will be richer than kuwaiti emir :D
lol. You might get the mark if you ended up with 5.7. That was the main thing. You had to end up with 5,7

I did.Also I wanted to ask something about all papers ; fluids and that stuff are not allowed , when we make mistake are we allowed to cross it with thin line or they reduce our marks because of crossing ?!

Reaction score
DowntownCrew said:
WayneRooney10 said:
DowntownCrew said:
@rooney

I did.Also I wanted to ask something about all papers ; fluids and that stuff are not allowed , when we make mistake are we allowed to cross it with thin line or they reduce our marks because of crossing ?!

NO MAN THEY WONT CUT MARKS FOR CROSSING

Reaction score
THE EXAMMM WAS SOOO FREAKING HARDD !!!!
AND """LOOOOOOONNNGGGG "" 20 PAGESS !!
i left 3 pages "" BLANK "" it needs more time to think ..

Reaction score
MAK1995 said:
THE EXAMMM WAS SOOO FREAKING HARDD !!!!
AND """LOOOOOOONNNGGGG "" 20 PAGESS !!
i left 3 pages "" BLANK "" it needs more time to think ..

Damn ... I thought I'm the one who did worst but actually .. 3 blank pages - suc*s brother to be honest ... I pray for you and for everyone to get a good score , lets be optimistic and now concentrate on chemistry and other subjects you guys are taking.

Reaction score
i studied really well for physics and actually when i was doing the first question i was like the paper looks easy but then things turned around when i went to the next questions . overall the paper was much more difficult for May/June 2010 and i think that the curve will be VERY low as most of the candidates found it tough.
and another things no past papers questions ... they changed the technique of the questions completely which was a surprise for most of us ! :shock:

Reaction score
Yoyo1994 said:
WayneRooney10 said:
tripleA95 said:
What' was the value for latent heat?
I got something like 3300...lol
n
Yeah me 2, I got 3333.333
I also asked a mate and he got the same answer, so we might be right.
theu should multiply by 2 coz the heater worked for 2 min. :D :D :lol: :lol: 8)
so it will be 666666.666 :good: :good:

Reaction score
As I can see , we all have 4-5 answers in each question :D
Its not easy to check which of them is correct by discussion...just hope for low curve

And yeah , the guy wrote about technique - i was surprised too... I didn't find something like that in pastpapers ...

Reaction score
Okay, so i took this paper having a fever and a terrible headache and it could'nt get any worse when i had about 4 pages left with only 5 mins to go ! I dont know how I managed to finish them but i didnt get to go through the paper...On my mock exam i scored 74/80 and in this i think i wont get more than 30/80!! Regarding the latent heat question shouldnt we multiply these 2 mins by 60(I did) as engery is in seconds ? and can anyone tell what minimum grades should i score in each of the 3 papers to get an A* ?

Reaction score
Nooo its not by 2.... its 2 minutes to get it at the melting point. BUT YOU MULTIPLY by 9 as they want LATENT heat not S.H.C.. and its the energy supplied during the melting point.. the answer was 3000000..... something like that

Reaction score
No time to think:(. It was lengthy, As if completed then wrong if not fully completed then correct. :(

Reaction score
They are very clever people. The first question was a graph (LOL). So that we waste time there, and then get screwed after words.

Reaction score
I must say....this paper was the worst paper ive ever done...
i started crying in the middle of the paper....when they announced that we hav 30min left and i was still on question 5.
but alhamdulillah i got to attempt all questions....didn't leave any (i think)...ther was NO time to revise or to think....
i did the best i could....i leave the rest to God.
I pray tht all of us get a good score
:good:
Ok.

there was this question about the tsunami shock wave and stuff....they were asking for the warning time...
wut did we have to over there? how to get the answer?

and about y the radioactive substance is considered constant?

and there was this question that the current in the circuit (or heater) after sometime after the circuit is switched on...
y did the current change?