• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

puzzleeee will see who is intellegent

Reaction score
5 Pirates 5 pirates of different ages have a treasure of 100 gold coins. On their ship, they decide to split the coins using this scheme: The oldest pirate proposes how to share the coins, and ALL pirates (including the oldest) vote for or against it. If 50% or more of the pirates vote for it, then the coins will be shared that way. Otherwise, the pirate proposing the scheme will be thrown overboard, and the process is repeated with the pirates that remain. Assuming that all 5 pirates are intelligent, rational, greedy, and do not wish to die, (and are rather good at math for pirates) what will happen?

Reaction score
da oldest pirate wil most probably say dat dey share 25 each or maybe more for himself.....all pirates will vote against (as dey wud wish less peoplein the voting competition) except for himself and thus...he is dead!
this will repeat itself untill only 2 pirates will be left. The elder 1 will most probably vote for 100 coins himself and 0 coins for the other. He will vote for his scheme and the other will vote against! So 50% voted for it and the elder person of the last 2 gets all da coins...

unless dey r way more intelligent and somehow gets a different amount each!

Reaction score
if the other 4 pirates agree with the oldest 1, all five will remain on board
whereas if the other 4 disagree, the oldest will be thrown and each will receive 25 coins instead of 20
this will not repeat itself as the person proposing the scheme is already dead
assuming they are wise, they will not try to oppose among themslves

Reaction score
5 Pirates 5 pirates of different ages have a treasure of 100 gold coins. On their ship, they decide to split the coins using this scheme: The oldest pirate proposes how to share the coins, and ALL pirates (including the oldest) vote for or against it. If 50% or more of the pirates vote for it, then the coins will be shared that way. Otherwise, the pirate proposing the scheme will be thrown overboard, and the process is repeated with the pirates that remain. Assuming that all 5 pirates are intelligent, rational, greedy, and do not wish to die, (and are rather good at math for pirates) what will happen?

u liked my post do does dat mean i am correct?

Reaction score
i dont want to fight my brother is enough for me no need more ppl :p
and i dont give upppp:p

well, ma sis iz also DAT kind of person who can turn ur lyf into (i hav a pretty gud idea u kno!)

so i was happy u didnt fight back
and dats y i like PEACE wen talkin to grlzz.....dey can be a real pain in da neck at times!! (JK)

OK....u didnt....happy now?