• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pure Maths 12 today........

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to answer Q10(b) the minimum value of the curve and also to prove that its a minimum?

The question was about the minimum value of the 'Gradient' not the curve,So DY/DX of the curve is the equation of the tangent,D^2Y/DX^2 is the second deff of curve but first deff of Gradient,so you get D^2Y/DX^2 and equal it to 0,get the X substitute it into DX/DY to get minimum value of 'Gradient',and to make sure that it's a minimum value I got Third deff which was second deff of gradient got a positive product which means it's minimum.

Reaction score
domain was equal or more than 1 or only more than 1
because i wrote equal or more

Reaction score
The range was not given,I Had to get it then place it as the domain of inverse,domain of function was x>3 not the inverse ? can't really remember if you still remember the function we can solve it again :D

Reaction score
The range was not given,I Had to get it then place it as the domain of inverse,domain of function was x>3 not the inverse ? can't really remember if you still remember the function we can solve it again :D
yeah uare right igot the same...

Reaction score
Show that in the 2nd question was kind of easy,still took me about 10 mins to get it

Reaction score
I made so many stupid mistakes!! T___T
for the area of the playgroud i think that they asked to write the minimum value of the area but i instead left it at x=15 T___T
I was too hasty and did not entirely read the question