• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Problems in IELTS Exam

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm doing a research for my Doctorate of Education at La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia.It's about the problems people are experiencing when taking IELTS test.

I badly needed your help and you can only help me by sharing your experience,comments and complaints about IELTS test.

Hope everyone who will read this will have a heart to share his experience.
It would be a great help.Thank you.

Regards,
mik

Reaction score
Hi Mik,

Well this is quite interesting topic to discuss about the problems experienced by people in IELTS exam, In my opinion that quite varies from person to person as that may be possible some people feels that listening is most difficult module but others thinks same about reading, writing or speaking. so that all depends what you have practiced more will be easier for you and that you have practiced less are difficult for you. You can achieve a good score and practice all the modules to achieve a good IELTS score.A lot of free IELTS tutorialshttp://www.wiziq.com/exam/IELTS are available on internet.

Thanks,

Harinder

Reaction score
as a non native speaker of English ,i find it's quite hard for me to understand australian essence.do you have any idea on how to improve my listening skills?writing and reading are also my problems.

Reaction score
If you are thinking to study abroad and want to study in good college there then u have to pass this test.

Reaction score
Well problems depend on person's ability. Some people speak English better than writing and vise versa. But The problem i found while taking IELTS was speaking. I speak in a flow no doubt but I keep squeezing in informal English, which is the worst thing to do. Also when you are speaking you have to take care of grammar which is the difficult thing to do especially when your examiner has glassy look on his face. As far as writing, listening and reading are concerned, i found them easy.

Reaction score
The better way to pass the IELTS test is having as much knowledge of English as posible, the test is cut in 4 steps

step 1- listening, you will listen a conversation from somebody in English (it could be British or Australian accent) then you will be asked to respond a serie of questions regarding on what you just heard from the CD.

step 2- Reading, you will read about seveeral topicas and you might correlate this topics with several book titles (the risk here is if you are not familiar with the topics, it is much likely that you will have problems

Step 3- writting, you will be asked to write a letter of 150-200 words, they indicate the topic to write about, then there is another letter that you must write but it is now about 500 words, (the tip here is do not repeat words so much due that they will not count)

Step 4- Speaking, you will be interviewed by somebody in english, he/she will choose the topic at spot, the more fluent you are the better

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm doing a research for my Doctorate of Education at La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia.It's about the problems people are experiencing when taking IELTS test.

I badly needed your help and you can only help me by sharing your experience,comments and complaints about IELTS test.

Hope everyone who will read this will have a heart to share his experience.
It would be a great help.Thank you.

Regards,
mik
\Hi mike
Well to start with, i have'nt taken the IELTS test myself but my fiance did, twice. The first time he scored over all 6.5. He had problems basically in the reading part. what he told me was that he ran out of time and there was alot to do, and he ended up getting 5.5 in reading.
The second time when he reappered in the test, he improved in all the three areas except for the reading part. he again stuck to the 5.5 band. this time he told me that all the three passages in the reading section were research based and quite dry. it was hard for him to concentrate on the dry solid details one after the other, and above all manage his time.
So i guess he couldnt complete the section in time.
Since he is planning to apply for his phD abroad, probably New Zealand or Australia, he has to score atleat 6.5 in each. now he is going to reappear. i really want to know how he could improve his reading skills.
thanks

Reaction score
the problem is with their accent. they pronounced EA as AI,and their is know big difference between their pronunciation of A and H.