• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Probability Question.

Reaction score
Alright. Assalamualaikum all.
Thing is, probability is pissing me off quite a lot. It's easy, but then it gets hard, if you know what i mean.
So, i have this problem.
I know how to calculate total outcomes of throwing a dice twice, using the 6 by 6 table. It's quite effective, as the probabilities can be easily calculated if its a fair die, or even if it isn't, cuz it shows you what combination of events will give you the total score.

Now, i want to know how to calculate the total outcomes (in a similar way), for throwing the dice THRICE. It's for the questions on the board games, and expected scores and stuff. I can't calculate all individually, cuz it takes time and is prone to mistakes. So, i want to know if there's an easy method for this one too, like any modification to the table used in the previous case or something. And i want the table because that way, i can know the different combinations for a specific total score, and that's really important, because the stupid board games have spots where, upon landing, one goes back to start. So i want all the outcomes, which i can match with the board, to see if they'll actually give the score or not. I hope you all understand.

And if there isn't a table or anything, i wish you guys have something easier for such questions. Your help will be appreciated. :)

Reaction score
with 3 6 faced dice total outcomes will be 6x6x6 just like wid 2 dice they are 6x6 so no of total outcomes sor x no of dice thrown 2geder is 6^x

Reaction score
The three dices are independent of each other. So to find the total out comes you will just multiply 6(The totaly possibilities of one dice) with itself, 3 times. So total outcomes= 6*6*6=216

Hope this helped! :)

Reaction score
No sorry, you guyz didn't understand. I don't want the total outcomes, i want the different combinations of events, that will give me certain outcomes from the total outcomes.

Reaction score
Possibility tables and diagrams are usually made to show the total outcomes of two throws/tries. You'll have to laboriously write down each single outcome to get all total outcomes, I think. Is that what you are looking for?

Reaction score
Well the certain outcomes problem can always be solved by the "tree diagram" ! Here is a video showing an example of this !! :)

Reaction score
^Exactly! You have to multiply the numerators along with the denominators for the three probabilities.

Reaction score
Alright. Thanks everybody. But i think abcde is correct, laboriously hi karna paray ga. :D

Reaction score
If your game involves throwing the die thrice, even the tree diagram would be laborious. :S

Reaction score
yeah. that even crossed my mind, but that would've been impossible to do in the exam, as the diagram would probably not fit the page.

Reaction score
^which is why, you will not be asked to show all outcomes but merely calculate them in the exam. Was this really about a board game then? :p

Reaction score
Also remember
there are 52 playing cards out of which
26 Red and 26 are black
furthermore the red are divided into 13 Club, 13 spade and black into 13 heart and 13 diamonds
in all the above 13 cards there is 1 King, 1 Queen, 1 Jack and 1 Ace card !!
Hope this will help u solve the probability questions regarding playing cards !! :)

Reaction score
Thanks Salman. I knew that, but it's good you wrote it down, cuz it'll start a whole discussion (might :p), like the one you started on Pk.studies when we were giving papers in June :)..