• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Private candidates

Reaction score
Is anyone a private candidate? If you are, do you still go to school? Because ive been doing cambridge as a PC at homeschool and next year i might go back to school that doesnt do cambridge. Should go to all the classes and still do cambridge exams aswell as their curriculum? I dunnoooo what to doooo

Reaction score
Private candidate? Yes. Do i go to school? No.

Choose wisely which school you are going to, whether it's education is better than that of the Cambridge system or not. That will also depend on your subjects like if you are going to do your university in Pakistan and you are going into Medical field then you are better off in the Intermediate system because the universities here demand an "Equivalency report" which is a biased judgement placing an intermediate graduate above an A level graduate in the University's admission quota. Like if the university has 2000 seats available for new comers, then it will only give 500-600 to the A level graduates(only who have the BEST grades) the rest will be reserved exclusively for Intermediate graduates, but if you are going abroad for your university then STAY in the Cambridge system.

Reaction score
Okay thanks!! I live in nz so im definately not going to pakastan. Thanks anyways tho :)

Reaction score
Don't you have to go all the way to singapore to give your exams? :O Since you're in Nz and if you are planning to continue through till your university over there then go for the school, it's a better option and the studies will make more sense and will be only beneficial to you. 13 grades are normal to our Cambridge system in schools over here, if it's not too late then i would strongly recommend going for local studies, you'd have a social life too and won't be forever alone until universities.

Doing studies privately is a big decision, i'm only doing it because i wanna complete my A levels in one year rather than two because i was originally planning to go to Nz for my university because of my friends there, though now i'm going to the US, sorta hurts seeing your friends enjoying their school life knowing you can't :/ though its just a few months away until i'm done in June lol

Reaction score
no i can sit my exams at a school here in newzealand. But its a boy school lol so i cant go to a cambridge school. But the thing is if i carry on being homeschooled it would be too stressful learning the 5 subjects alone with no tutor or help (only textbooks) and i dont wanna do it in 2 years cause that suckss i wanna get it over and done with. Thats why i just wanna go to school and finish year 13 doing the nz curreculum ncea (which is said to be easier). i want to go uni here too after year 13.

Reaction score
Well in that case the obvious option would be to go to school, Studying A Levels just through textbooks is an impossible task tbh, completely different ball game as compared to O levels where studies were much easier though lengthy, the details and in depth analysis of topics in A levels is something that is pretty difficult to understand without the help of someone who has vast knowledge on the subject.

And that sounds like the perfect plan, it would be easier, funner, and above all helpful when you get into University 'cuz you'll be used to the way the education system works there, like credits, internals/externals and stuff and i'm sure the studies taught in school will be similar to that of the university so you wont feel like a complete alien when you start out new in Uni lol

Reaction score
Yeah that makes sense aye haha might as well. I need a break from staying home anyways haha. Thanks for the advice :)