• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Preparing for the SAT Reasoning Test

Reaction score
One thing I am not getting is that when registering for sat paper I am asked for my High school which is neccessary to fill.

Unfortunately the list available on site doesnot have my school name??? there are only a few schools there. So nowe how can i move further without filling that portion. I need severe help. From those who have given sat papers

There would be an option to indicate that your school is not on the list. I think the option shows up after you run the search twice.

Reaction score
One thing I am not getting is that when registering for sat paper I am asked for my High school which is neccessary to fill.

Unfortunately the list available on site doesnot have my school name??? there are only a few schools there. So nowe how can i move further without filling that portion. I need severe help. From those who have given sat papers

Nibz oldfashionedgirl arlery abcde

TSZ Glaedr93 killer22
There's an option given there in the form that you can choose if you'r school is not listed. Its right there under the search box as far as I can remember.

Reaction score

TSZ Glaedr93 killer22
I left it blank and they accepted it. :/

Reaction score

TSZ Glaedr93 killer22
there is an option that states 'My school is not listed on this list.' or something like that. check.

Reaction score
A three-digit number is called "big" if any two of its digits are equal. How many three-digit numbers are "big?"

It's related to S1.. but I forgot how to do these questions. Help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Another one:

Which of the following statements is always true?
A. |(a+b)^2| < |a^2| + |b^2|
B. |a^2 + b^2| > (a+b)^2
C. |a^2 + b^2| >= |a+b|^2
D. |a^2 + b^2 - 1| <= |a^2| + |b^2|
E. |a + b^2| > |a^2 - b|

It's pretty confusing to me..

Reaction score
Another one:

Which of the following statements is always true?
A. |(a+b)^2| < |a^2| + |b^2|
B. |a^2 + b^2| > (a+b)^2
C. |a^2 + b^2| >= |a+b|^2
D. |a^2 + b^2 - 1| <= |a^2| + |b^2|
E. |a + b^2| > |a^2 - b|

It's pretty confusing to me..
D? If that's true, I'll get back to you with the explanations of the 2 q's in some time. Also, were they both in SAT I Math?

Reaction score
D? If that's true, I'll get back to you with the explanations of the 2 q's in some time. Also, were they both in SAT I Math?
Yes, it's D. And they're both SAT questions I found online. I'm not sure if the first one is from SAT I Math, but I believe the 2nd one is.

Are you giving the SAT, btw? If so, when?

Reaction score
A three-digit number is called "big" if any two of its digits are equal. How many three-digit numbers are "big?"

It's related to S1.. but I forgot how to do these questions. Help would be appreciated.
Is it 252? Here's my method:
If 1 is the repeated digit (1st and 2nd), there are 10 "big" numbers from 110 to 119. If 1 is the 1st and 3rd digit, there are again 10 "big"s: 101, 111, 121,...191. If 1 is the 2nd and 3rd digit, you have 111, 211,....911. So, total "bigs" with 1 = 10 + 10 + 9 - 2 (since 111 is repeated twice) = 27.
Repeating the above for 2 to 9, we have = 27 x 9 = 243.
Lastly, we've got to consider the case where 0 is repeated. This includes the list: 100, 200, 300, ....., 900.
Hence, total = 243 + 9 = 252.
Please do confirm since my method/answer may be very wrong.

The second is rather obvious if you recall that the square of a real number is always positive. So D can be rewritten as -1 <= 0, which is true! The same can't be said for the rest.

Yes. On the 6th next month insha'Allah.

Reaction score
Is it 252? Here's my method:
If 1 is the repeated digit (1st and 2nd), there are 10 "big" numbers from 110 to 119. If 1 is the 1st and 3rd digit, there are again 10 "big"s: 101, 111, 121,...191. If 1 is the 2nd and 3rd digit, you have 111, 211,....911. So, total "bigs" with 1 = 10 + 10 + 9 - 2 (since 111 is repeated twice) = 27.
Repeating the above for 2 to 9, we have = 27 x 9 = 243.
Lastly, we've got to consider the case where 0 is repeated. This includes the list: 100, 200, 300, ....., 900.
Hence, total = 243 + 9 = 252.
Please do confirm since my method/answer may be very wrong.

The second is rather obvious if you recall that the square of a real number is always positive. So D can be rewritten as -1 <= 0, which is true! The same can't be said for the rest.

Yes. On the 6th next month insha'Allah.
Thanks, your answers are correct and explanations pretty clear. I am still confused about why D is right though. Where does the -1 come from? Doesn't the modulus make it 1 or am I missing something obvious?

Reaction score
hey guys got any tips to get high marks in critical reading(& writing skills too)?i can't even get anywhere near to 600 on these 2

Reaction score
hey guys got any tips to get high marks in critical reading(& writing skills too)?i can't even get anywhere near to 600 on these 2
It's very much dependent on vocabulary, something you build up over time as a result of reading newspapers, books, reviews, etc. At this point I can't really suggest much. Learn as many words as you can, do several practice questions and learn from your mistakes. Learn the basic grammar rules that many people get wrong too. For writing, if you're not proficient in the essay then follow the basic idea: intro paragraph, 3 main body paragraphs and then a conclusion. You need general knowledge which one again, is something that you gain over time. Google for tips and suggestions; there's plenty of sites that will probably help you.

Reaction score
It's very much dependent on vocabulary, something you build up over time as a result of reading newspapers, books, reviews, etc. At this point I can't really suggest much. Learn as many words as you can, do several practice questions and learn from your mistakes. Learn the basic grammar rules that many people get wrong too. For writing, if you're not proficient in the essay then follow the basic idea: intro paragraph, 3 main body paragraphs and then a conclusion. You need general knowledge which one again, is something that you gain over time. Google for tips and suggestions; there's plenty of sites that will probably help you.
well thanx 4 the tips.i m building my vocabulary.i guess i should concentrate on grammar rules.have u already given or will u b givin this oct?

Reaction score
Can you admission to an American Medical school on the basis of SAT?
Someone please guide me,thank you!

Reaction score
Can you admission to an American Medical school on the basis of SAT?
Someone please guide me,thank you!
i think u can...search for the medical schools which need SAT.....btw sum1 was lukin 4 u n if am right i think i t was your fren....krillin....:D

Reaction score
Writing about people whose circumstances were deplorable, Dickens used the novel to protest social conditions in Victorian England.

I thought "to protest" was grammatically incorrect but according to the book the sentence is error-free. Why isn't it "protest against"? Isn't that correct?