• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Preparation for M/J 2014 CIEs

Reaction score
I don't know what to do! My preparation is really bad. I mean It's like I have prepared nothing at all. only like two months are left and I am worried as hell. I have no idea what am I gonna do in papers. Please suggest me some tips and how to prepare my self to attain an A* in Islamaiat and pak.studies. I am not doing any past papers neither studying properly please people help me. :'(

Reaction score
Just chill!!!....THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THAT YOU HAVE TO BE CONFIDENT.No matter how bad you are prepared for the exams. 2 months are enough to get an A* OR at least an A if you don't waste time in bullshits.Yes! I agree that these 2 subjects are very lengthy.But nothing is impossible.First of all:
1)Just drink the notes of Islamiyat.Only ratta!!!Don't leave any section as choice...AND YOU HAVE TO PERFORM AT YOUR LEVEL BEST IN QUESTION NUMBER 2 WHICH IS THE COMPULSORY QUESTION.Because first impression is the last impression.At least 3 refernces from quran and 3 from hadis in particular questions are more than enough.And 2-3 weeks for pastpapers and marking schemes.......Read the question carefully because examiner is very clever.He dodges the candidates by setting a weird question....SO BE CAREFUL
2)HISTORY IS ONLY CONCEPT..................YOU CANNOT DO RATA!!!......ESPECIALLY IN SECTION 2 ..YOUR CONCEPTS SHOULD BE AWESOME!!...AND DON'T YOU DARE TO TOUCH SECTION 3 ...JUST THROW IT IN DUST BIN....ONLY SECTION 1 AND 2 .......BUT WITH CONCEPTS...
3)GEOGRAPHY IS ONLY PRACTICE ON PASTPAPERS...SIMPLE..BUT READ THE BOOK TOO...

AND ONE THING MORE...EXAMINERS ARE VERY LENIENT..EVEN I DID THOUSANDS OF MISTAKES AND EXPECTED "C"..BUT GOT A IN BOTH..
SO KEEP CALM AND STUDY HARD...;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you so much! This is so nice of you. I appreciate your advise =D
Anyways are you sure I should like leave this section 3 this year. Well yeah I know it's an optional shit but still some people are like don't take this risk. It's Cie and stuff. Though will surely leave it. Thank you! Could you suggest me how should I go like should I do past papers while I'm studying all the chapters or should I just go on past papers at the end. What to start first though?

Reaction score
It was my biggest mistake of doing section 3 otherwise I would have got an A*......Prepare section 1 and 2 brilliantly.....You must write conclusions which is key of getting A*....You have to write an ammazing conclusion and your start must also be decent in '14' marks question.and you must show the examiner that you have 'nt done 'ratta'...you must show him that you know all the concepts and reasons and show him that you know everything......even if you don't remember some points,you can just throw what you have in your mind......but confidently.....thats most important....AND YES...1 MONTH IS MORE THAN ENOUGH FOR PAST PAPERS..IF YOU DON'T WASTE TIME IN BULSHITS.....BUT BEFORE THAT.....NOTES SHOULD BE ON YOUR FINGERTIPS...DON'T YOU DARE STARTING PASTPAPERS WITHOUT HAVING GRIP ON NOTES..........Also check marking schemes from 2010 till 2013....(Y)

Reaction score
So what do you think till what time my every thing should be complete like syllabus, past papers revision and stuff? And what if a Question comes from section 1 or 2 and you get real confused and you can't even solve the Question which came from section 3. I'm gonna be real busted honestly though still will leave or maybe just go through it a little. =D Though thankyou. I'm just gonna start from today everything. I know It's too late. But still It's about A*. Thank you so much anyways!

Reaction score
Its not late!!...you got 2 months.....1 month for notes revision and 1 month for past papers.......simple!!....And there is no bullshit about any bouncing question in section 1 and 2......I just want to tell you that section 3 is very time consuming.....It will suck 1 month...and then you are gone...So As I told you that you have to prepare section 1 and 2......but......'BRILLIANTLY'......SO ONCE AGAIN>>>>>THROW SECTION 3 IN DUSTBIN....you have to give time to isalmiyat,geography...pastpapers......Okay?......

Reaction score
Thank you so much. xo This is really nice of you again that you're helping me. Sorry for bothering you this long but I hope when I face some problem again during my preparation you'll be there. *big favour yo* Anyways again thank youuu.