• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Preparation for GCE 1123 English language.

Reaction score
guys i really need your help tomorow 8th may thursday i m goin to give my eng 1123 paper 1 examination...i dont know how to prepare for it..please help suggest me ways to prepare for it thank you please reply ASAP

Reaction score
Are there marks for format, really? As in in directed writing, aren't we supposed to just follow the given instructions. For instance, they tell you to start your letter with dear sir. So can't we skip the address part and start off with dear sir, as instructed?

Reaction score
I know all the formats. Just confirming if they actually are all that necessary.

Reaction score
i dont think these addreses are necessary becuz i have read pastpapers all including account,letter,school magazines,speechand there is writen that start wid dear sir etc so including adreses is not necessary...

Reaction score
I think so too. I guess, it really doesn't make a difference and marks will be given as long as what you write is effective in terms of expression and material.

Reaction score
Does word limit matter? Can I write 350-400 in directed writing and 600-700 in the other ????

Yes, word limit matters. You are supposed to follow the instructions in the question. If you exceed the limit, the exceeded part wouldn't be read. So yes, keep your word limit within the range.

Reaction score
guys i really need your help tomorow 8th may thursday i m goin to give my eng 1123 paper 1 examination...i dont know how to prepare for it..please help suggest me ways to prepare for it thank you please reply ASAP
man I also need some assistance what should we attempt???

Reaction score
it depend on you in what you are good at...as for me i will goin to write narrative and my only focus in on narrative becuz firstly i like writing stories second i only focused on story writing nothing else so dont have any choice....

Reaction score
i m done with english....just going to practice some narrative essays and directed writing....guys wish me best of luck and pray for me :D BEST OF LUCK GUYS :)