• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Preparation for Edexcel AS level

Reaction score
I am doing 3 AS this year which are Maths, Physics and Chemistry. Any advice on how should I prepare for the exam

Reaction score
Practise past papers, have some fun, enjoy your life! With a little bit of effort you will get A* because this is Edexcel - Edexcel A levels is a piece of cake compared to CIE! So relax! :)

Reaction score
go through what you learnt in school everyday and make sure you understand everything...if you dont, follow up your teacher..dont procrastinate and leave stuff to the last minute..thats the easiest way..good luck:)

Reaction score
do past papers..and buy CGP study guides..they will help A LOTTTTTTTTTTT.....and of course make sure that u enjoy the content of the subjects..there r a lot of helpful videos on youtube...and finallyyyyyyyy enjoyyyyyyyyy....ohh...and if u like to watch anime..i recommend death note..it will make u feel smart XD

Reaction score
Edexcel A levels is all about rote learning, just eat the book and past papers and unleash it on exam day. :p

Lol you really think so ? I can't wait to see your reaction when you sit an exam that's completely different from the previous ones. Eating the book and doing all past papers does not necessarily mean that you'll ace the exams. Believe me I was once in your shoes.

Reaction score
do past papers..and buy CGP study guides..they will help A LOTTTTTTTTTTT.....and of course make sure that u enjoy the content of the subjects..there r a lot of helpful videos on youtube...and finallyyyyyyyy enjoyyyyyyyyy....ohh...and if u like to watch anime..i recommend death note..it will make u feel smart XD

Death Note is my best Anime :) My favorite character was Light Yagami

Reaction score
Lol you really think so ? I can't wait to see your reaction when you sit an exam that's completely different from the previous ones. Eating the book and doing all past papers does not necessarily mean that you'll ace the exams. Believe me I was once in your shoes.
I never sat for an Edexcel exam before but I gave 10 O levels and 6 AS levels from CIE. In CIE, rote learners suffer because CIE is all about critical problem solving and logical thinking. But Edexcel is different - it's all about rote learning. I know this because I solved Edexcel papers and they are an absolute piece of cake compared to CIE! Edexcel has very little to do with critical thinking and application of the core concepts in unfarmiliar situations :p My friends who gave one or two subjects from Edexcel also said the same thing :D

Reaction score
And what are you guys going to do, the practical paper or coursework?
does physics even have coursework? hahah idk sorry, but chem does and its a problem now with the whole IAL thing..

Reaction score
And what are you guys going to do, the practical paper or coursework?
does physics even have coursework? hahah idk sorry, but chem does and its a problem now with the whole IAL thing..
I'm doing physics....n until now I just noe bout unit papers!!