• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Predictions for this C2 exam???

Reaction score
Has anyone done enough past papers to see a pattern? C1 took me by surprise,

Reaction score
Yes mofos! I'm pretty sure a differentiation question is gonna come up, you know the ones from Chapter 9, where you have to create 2 equations and substitute with (Exercise 9C and mixed exercise 9D should do the trick). Also, I'm pretty sure a tricky geometric series question is gonna come up so make sure you know how to do Interest, % per annum, that kind of thing. I have a feeling that for this exam you're really gonna have to know your shit.

Study hard lads, and check your answers.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Yes mofos! I'm pretty sure a differentiation question is gonna come up, you know the ones from Chapter 9, where you have to create 2 equations and substitute with (Exercise 9C and mixed exercise 9D should do the trick). Also, I'm pretty sure a tricky geometric series question is gonna come up so make sure you know how to do Interest, % per annum, that kind of thing. I have a feeling that for this exam you're really gonna have to know your shit.

Study hard lads, and check your answers.

Good luck.
I have theory that if any question has the word 'year' or per annum in it any formula involving n-1 changes to just n right? In the c1 exam this theory held true.
Also, diff in c2 is probably the easiest chapter (I've heard it only gets hard in c4) and not to mention this time you have a calculator to cross check your answer. But examiners have an ability to make shit harder, what do you think they'll do to make it hard now?
You know anything about the grading curves in c1 and c2 and m1?

Reaction score
s
I have theory that if any question has the word 'year' or per annum in it any formula involving n-1 changes to just n right? In the c1 exam this theory held true.
Also, diff in c2 is probably the easiest chapter (I've heard it only gets hard in c4) and not to mention this time you have a calculator to cross check your answer. But examiners have an ability to make shit harder, what do you think they'll do to make it hard now?
You know anything about the grading curves in c1 and c2 and m1?
the Curve for C1 will be high this year... as this exam was easier than june 13 but many still didnt know how to solve the the n=10 so year 2009 part so most likely that would decrease the curve as well in the integration question a lot of people missed but with calculations and wrote c= 23 instead off c=53 so i guess the curve would be medium after.. maybe A -60/75
say what do u think !!?!?!

Reaction score
s

the Curve for C1 will be high this year... as this exam was easier than june 13 but many still didnt know how to solve the the n=10 so year 2009 part so most likely that would decrease the curve as well in the integration question a lot of people missed but with calculations and wrote c= 23 instead off c=53 so i guess the curve would be medium after.. maybe A -60/75
say what do u think !!?!?!
Lol that's the only question I got right, probably. The thing is since this concept is pretty old I understand the question well. But all the other questions, I finished both w and s13 papers under one hour, and got an A probably. But this paper I wasn't able to finish it. Left one whole question and skimmed through most of the last 3-4. And I'm actually amongst the best in my school in C2. I was probably the only student who found C2 easier than C1 in theory but this years paper raped me brutally.

Reaction score
Lol that's the only question I got right, probably. The thing is since this concept is pretty old I understand the question well. But all the other questions, I finished both w and s13 papers under one hour, and got an A probably. But this paper I wasn't able to finish it. Left one whole question and skimmed through most of the last 3-4. And I'm actually amongst the best in my school in C2. I was probably the only student who found C2 easier than C1 in theory but this years paper raped me brutally.
so how much do u expect the A to be ?

Reaction score
so how much do u expect the A to be ?
I expect no justice from Edexcel, if they could make a paper this unfair Idek about the gt. Well it SHOULD be lower than all the other years because every single past paper I solved (and I solved a LOT) was easier than this by a huge margin.