• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Practicals[science] URGENT

Reaction score
I am in serious serious trouble with practicals.
I have my AS exams this may, and I started my AS studies and school just this month.

I lagged behind on my O levels; gave them in november. The results were pretty good but I have no lab experience.
I don't have much problem with the theory section in AS,
but the Practicals are bothering me.

I have a question:
Do they offer practicals in November?
And, is it possible for me to complete the practical syllabuses by May?

Also, I have a request regarding which expriments I need to carry out in Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
I am behind the school syllabus and the teachers aren't helping much.

Can someone please give me a list of all the experiments I need to be familliar with?
For example, I know there are food tests in Biology,
how many types of experiments.
I am thinking of seeking help from a lab technician regarding this but first I need to be familliar with the syllabus and all the experiments I need to do.

Please your help will be much appreciated.

Reaction score
same problem iam facing in lab experiments laged behind need help in physics and chemistry so please help ussssss

Reaction score
U can download the syllabus of biology and chemistry....a lot....it is written there what do u need to do...!! for physics...download syllabus and check it out...but its best to look at the past papers for all of them..!! just look at them..and compare..what kind of questions are likely to come...suppose in biology, u need to know about the micrographs of..T.s OF stem leaf root, pancreas, arteries, veins..etc...and there are many more i guess...!! and...u also need to know bout serial dilution, estimating the concentrations of glucose or proteins or whatever comparing with known concentration...!!

In chemistry...know titration, enthalpy, identification of salts...(Ions) and bla bla..i m not remembering much...!! check the past papers...and do it..for physics..u can get anything.... just know how to use..vernier calliper, micrometer screw gauze.. and..practice setting up the things....know to use..variable resistor..!! and....many more..plz check the past paper..plz..!! have faith in me..and check out the past papers..and ask..!! so that it would b easy for us to help u....this is what i can.....i hope it helped u a lot..if u havenot done any experiments yet....and...u can do it by the end of april..not a prblm..!!