• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Post your Physics queries here ...

Reaction score
What's the answer to this? Is it C (the questions from june2009 btw)
Its B, coz for an object to be in equilibrium, the net force is zero. Both clockwise n anti-clockwise forces r equal. Total upward force shud also b equal to the total force applied down

Reaction score
can anyone explain to me the answer of 4b of M/J 11 /22
cork B is xactly half-way between two wavefronts. Now see the graph for A. As it says halfway, u can imagine cork B to be on o.25 s. See the whole pattern of A after o.25. This is how cork B is displaced. Wen u start this wave from 0 s, it vil have the same wavelength just the position of crests n troughs vil b reversed.

Reaction score
Its B, coz for an object to be in equilibrium, the net force is zero. Both clockwise n anti-clockwise forces r equal. Total upward force shud also b equal to the total force applied down
I still don't get it. Is the force upward on the pivot resulting in a clockwise moment or an anticlockwise one?

Reaction score
I still don't get it. Is the force upward on the pivot resulting in a clockwise moment or an anticlockwise one?
No, its an upward force simply, opposing gravity. The upward force is a sum of both the forces acting down in B only, so object gets in equilibrium as the upward n downward forces cancel each other