• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Post your LUMS admission decisions here.

Reaction score
GUYS i have scored such in NET that i can go to NUST too.....plz HELP me decide between LUMS and NUST for engineering....

Reaction score
524894_602406749773140_1315443361_n.jpg

734101_615549145125567_1887310897_n.jpg

24291_607904729223342_1348330811_n.jpg

580037_617932808220534_1922779788_n.jpg

Reaction score
Guys i want to ask about the refund policy..can anyone confirm that the tution fee will be refunded to us if we choose not to go to lums in the end ..its written on the offer letter that i will be refunded but it also states that firsy year students can not withdraw from all courses

Reaction score
Guys i want to ask about the refund policy..can anyone confirm that the tution fee will be refunded to us if we choose not to go to lums in the end ..its written on the offer letter that i will be refunded but it also states that firsy year students can not withdraw from all courses
First Semester

(Tuition & Registration Fee)

Within 15 days from the payment deadline specified in the fee bill

100%
30 days after the payment deadline
specified in the fee bill

50%

Reaction score
Asad,Chirpy n Reesh are right about interview.....in that i add "JUST BE YOURSELF"....dont appear artificial....BE CALM,COOL n CONFIDENT....just think that u have been admitted in LUMS and this interview has been called to know your better....be creative and dont be afriad to share ur ideas.....infact in the creative essay,i shared my ideas about antimatter,mathematics,some projects i hav in mind....so point is dont be shy to share your ideas.....
Thank-you so much for the advice. I'll definitely consider it. :)

Reaction score
First Semester

100%

50%
IMG_20130415_193859.jpg
This is on the offer letter i received 4 days back..there has been a change in their policy..cause the details which u are telling me about were last years policy!

Reaction score
First Semester

100%

50%
View attachment 23412
This is on the offer letter i received 4 days back..there has been a change in their policy..cause the details which u are telling me about were last years policy!
Im just confused about the last line which says that firat year students can not withdraw from all courses..is thia for those who have decided to enroll in the university but are trying to drop their courses or for thoae too who dont want to attend the uni.

Reaction score
I've seen the Roots library in Islamabad a few years ago. A small derelict room, with three ancient computers with mismatched keyboards/mice. A broken shelf with a cracked glass cover with seven old, tattered copies of textbooks for classes that weren't offered. In the cramped room, there was also a man who sat there and yelled at anyone who went near the computers of the bookshelf and would demand thousands of rupees if you touched anything, claiming we had broken stuff. THAT was depressing.

asadshabbir It sucked!!!! plus i dont remember how many time's anyone would even go there. it wasn't worth calling a library xD it was literally the size of a small store room :p
& when Miss sarwat would tell us to go there & study, All i could think was 'you have gotta be kidding'
the whole class would have suffocated :p

Reaction score
asadshabbir It sucked!!!! plus i dont remember how many time's anyone would even go there. it wasn't worth calling a library xD it was literally the size of a small store room :p
& when Miss sarwat would tell us to go there & study, All i could think was 'you have gotta be kidding'
the whole class would have suffocated :p[/quote
you're also a rootsian? then it looks like we're in the same boat xD

Reaction score
reesh I was a roostain.
the studies in the islamabad branch sucked, so i left :p other than that i loved the time i spent there <3 loads of memories !! :D
I.A when you & i both get into lums, ill tell you all the typical yet weird stuff i faced at roots!! they were the best & most embarrassing blunder's i ever faced :p :D

Reaction score
Nust engineering all the way, eonomical, well reputed, even if facilites-wise behind lums(that i don't know btw) , but still its not that one is heading for a shack, the institute will still be equipped much to give students a good learning experience and facilities wise rich enough to make them better engineers. Needless to say, no matter what institute, a student's own efforts counta great deal.

Reaction score
GUYS i have scored such in NET that i can go to NUST too.....plz HELP me decide between LUMS and NUST for engineering....
How many marks have u scored in net I can tell u exactly where will you get
admission in nust

Trust me I am not lyin, just wanna help u

Reaction score
reesh I was a roostain.
the studies in the islamabad branch sucked, so i left :p other than that i loved the time i spent there <3 loads of memories !! :D
I.A when you & i both get into lums, ill tell you all the typical yet weird stuff i faced at roots!! they were the best & most embarrassing blunder's i ever faced :p :D
Hahahaha :p Sure. Then we can compare insanity in each school.

Reaction score
Nust engineering all the way, eonomical, well reputed, even if facilites-wise behind lums(that i don't know btw) , but still its not that one is heading for a shack, the institute will still be equipped much to give students a good learning experience and facilities wise rich enough to make them better engineers. Needless to say, no matter what institute, a student's own efforts counta great deal.

NUST is one of the Best institutes for engr!
I know a lot of students will probably hate me for saying this but engn at lums does not have That much value, or so i have heard form a 1000 ppl!!
+ my sister is doing Mba from lums & she said that the reason that lums took 1000 students last year was to cover the growing expense's of the engn school!!
(for all the angry reader's, its just my opinion & what i have been hearing since past 3 years)
Nust may not have facilities like lums but its come's under the top 3 schools for engn & lums doesn't!
Hopefully lums will grab the top position soon but for now, nust rules!!