• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Post your AS-Level Mathematics (P1 and M1) doubts here.

Reaction score
When the Velocity is zero.

Thank you for help, but can you tell me why in the question below in the first equation we ignore the integration constant and in the second equation integration constant is included ?

g7jQuw2.png

Reaction score
Thank you for help, but can you tell me why in the question below in the first equation we ignore the integration constant and in the second equation integration constant is included ?

g7jQuw2.png
In the first part, we are only finding the distance for the first 60 seconds.
In the third part, we have to consider the distance travelled in the first 60 seconds as well. Thus, we first equate the second equation of displacement to the displacement of the first 60s from the first equation, find c, and then integerate that.

Reaction score
Which year paper ?

it is 2013 oct/nov variant 43

In the third part, we have to consider the distance travelled in the first 60 seconds as well. Thus, we first equate the second equation of displacement to the displacement of the first 60s from the first equation, find c, and then integerate that.

Thank you for the help.

Reaction score
Hi! Yes i can understand what you wrote! thanks!
But what i dont get is why you multiply the 'g and sinx' together? Thats what im confused about. Why do we include that?
we have to use that component of gravity which is influencing the motion of A, since the path is not horizontal, it is g*sinx

Reaction score
What is c in that context? I mean what does it represent?

Reaction score
Post all your doubts of P1 and M1. Surely I will solve them.

AFTER UR DOUBT GETS SOLVED PLEASE PRAY TO GOD FOR MY BEST GRADE CHEMISTRY!!!! PLEASE!!!

Hi, I have this problem in o/n/41 number 6 which seems like a different sumwhere you have to use ratios to determine the height.
Could you help me understand this?
Thanks.

Reaction score
It would give us the distance of the first time interval as well
So of we find the distance moved in the first time interval and add it to the equation of the distance moved in the second time interval, would it give us the same resultant equation of the total distance moved?

Reaction score
So of we find the distance moved in the first time interval and add it to the equation of the distance moved in the second time interval, would it give us the same resultant equation of the total distance moved?
Yup. You will have to take the limits of 0 to 60 for the first equation and then 60 to an unknown value of time for the second equation and equal it to the distance. However, i don't think the equation formed would be easily solvable, if solvable at all.

Reaction score
Yup. You will have to take the limits of 0 to 60 for the first equation and then 60 to an unknown value of time for the second equation and equal it to the distance. However, i don't think the equation formed would be easily solvable, if solvable at all.
Can't we just integrate the distance without any limits, putting o as the constant and add the distance moved in the first time interval to the equation formed? Can you please try and see if it works