• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Politics..

Want to bring a change? or do you think something is not the way it should be?

• Yes

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I hate politics.

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Determined to bring a change.

Votes: 13 65.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
And I would again blame KSA, not just for their western alliance but for forgetting their own identities and leaving their very own path, the path which gave them this blessing of world's most powerful Kingdom. KSA is afraid to support Muslims. But lets move aside, other than KSA we are broken as a whole. The success or say, even survival of muslims is only in their unity. Why are we not united then? we are deviated wholly from our path. Why are we deviated? we dont have enough knowledge. Yes and I again ended up at that point, "Education". Education makes a man sensible enough to identify his own self and his own prestige and status! Education opens pores of one's mind. Muslims when they were ahead in education really did rule the world, when people from around the world used to come to Baghdad to acquire knowledge. Today, we are behind in education in the first instance. Western countries are ruling in education also! and we all can see they are ruling the world in every other aspect.
I think this is why Allah has so much emphasized in Quran to acquire knowledge, no matter how much sacrifices we have to make in this way.
So true! No other religion or constitution places so much emphasis on religion. It doesn't just make seeking knowledge a right upon one, but as an obligation.

Reaction score
(y) Okay! So we must start from fulfilling our very basic needs and then moving onto big projects like education and that truly seems a sensible way. To fulfill our basic needs, we need a leader, not just one leader, a string of leaders (this is all we have both agreed upon!). According to our current situation, we can see no hope other than IK and for IK to come into power, he needs votes, votes from all of us. Although he made remarkable achievements recently in competition with our gov., he should have won even more seats if our all people were sensible enough, and here comes the hurdle of such people you mentioned! they can't understand why we need IK? I've also seen people who are without any reasons and logic just stubborn to vote PMLN only. People need to be educated why and what they need and what are their needs? I've even seen people very much satisfied with the fact that we are suffering from inflation, load shedding, lack of basic needs and worse that a huge number of our people die from hunger and disease due to disgustingly poor resources .They accept this as a fact and are very happy with their lives and continue to vote PMLN. Such is the mentality overwhelmed here. It would be a luck and I wish and pray for PTI to come into power but on the whole, the need of hour is that big project of education. Good education will yield a whole productive generation and a string of leaders is evident and decided.

For Indo-Pak relation, yes we can't expect anything from the recent Indian gov. but another party may give some hope for improvement. And for the atrocities on common people, we (as Muslims) are responsible for that. Like I answered awesomaholic101 , Indian gov. is never gonna feel pity on muslims at least, never when UN and all other western powers are against Muslims, only Muslim brothers are responsible for their brothers' lives.
There are many people out there who are happy with their lives as long as they get enough food to feed their family and enough resources to fulfill their very basic requirements. Ill second ur statement that this mentality can only be changed through educating people about their rights. Votes do come, but you need to be patient for that, sometimes IK goes over the line of sensibilty nd does stuff which he later regrets. Usually we witness that afetr 2-3 years of elections the people of pakistan start to turn against the current govt but this tym arnd it has been diff. We have seen in recent By elections and even in elections of local bodies that PML-N has won comfortably in most parts of the country. They are doing something however they are doing very little to change us as a nation. One more point that we should consider is that IK is almost 65....next elections he will be arnd 67, he has got max of 2 more elections to fight and i find it hard that he will be able to win the upcomin elec considering his perf in by elections :(

Last edited:
Reaction score
Our decline started when British invaded Sub-Continent. Although they were amazed by the greatness of Mughal Empire, yet were determined to destroy this power. Bu luck, they got their famous here, Lord McCaulay at the need of hour and this what this cunning philosopher concluded to:

"I have traveled across the length and breadth of India and I have not seen one person who is a beggar, who is a thief. Such wealth I have seen in this country, such high moral values, people of such calibre, that I do not think we would ever conquer this country, unless we break the very backbone of this nation, which is her spiritual and cultural heritage, and, therefore, I propose that we replace her old and ancient education system, her culture, for if the Indians think that all that is foreign and English is good and greater than their own, they will lose their self-esteem, their native self-culture and they will become what we want them, a truly dominated.."
hqdefault.jpg

So how can we stand up again without the repair of badly broken backbone! Our culture, our education, our knowledge, our mores and values..Are not the British and later America very much successful in understanding this philosophy behind muslims' success and downing it as a whole, rather better to say they buried it underground!
Wkhan860 It supports my point of view that 'education' is the only path we ought to follow if we want to be successful.

Reaction score
Our decline started when British invaded Sub-Continent. Although they were amazed by the greatness of Mughal Empire, yet were determined to destroy this power. Bu luck, they got their famous here, Lord McCaulay at the need of hour and this what this cunning philosopher concluded to:

"I have traveled across the length and breadth of India and I have not seen one person who is a beggar, who is a thief. Such wealth I have seen in this country, such high moral values, people of such calibre, that I do not think we would ever conquer this country, unless we break the very backbone of this nation, which is her spiritual and cultural heritage, and, therefore, I propose that we replace her old and ancient education system, her culture, for if the Indians think that all that is foreign and English is good and greater than their own, they will lose their self-esteem, their native self-culture and they will become what we want them, a truly dominated.."
hqdefault.jpg

So how can we stand up again without the repair of badly broken backbone! Our culture, our education, our knowledge, our mores and values..Are not the British and later America very much successful in understanding this philosophy behind muslims' success and downing it as a whole, rather better to say they buried it underground!
Wkhan860 It supports my point of view that 'education' is the only path we ought to follow if we want to be successful.
Provided our other basic needs are fulfilled.

Reaction score

hqdefault.jpg

Its not that we are completely lacking an educational society. WE have alot of learned and talented people amongst us but sadly they prefer better wages and lifestyle over working for their country. Thus it proves that being educated wont make you a patriot...its the mentality which needs to be changed. Education plays a pivotal role in the development of a country but its gotta be supported with basic needs. We are not talking abt a country which has developed to some extent. No....we are still developing and we have alot to achieve in financial and socio-economic fields. The basic needs and the mentality needs to be changed. Only then education may bring some change

Reaction score
There are many people out there who are happy with their lives as long as they get enough food to feed their family and enough resources to fulfill their very basic requirements. Ill second ur statement that this mentality can only be changed through educating people about their rights. Votes do come, but you need to be patient for that, sometimes IK goes over the line of sensibilty nd does stuff which he later regrets. Usually we witness that afetr 2-3 years of elections the people of pakistan start to turn against the current govt but this tym arnd it has been diff. We have seen in recent By elections and even in elections of local bodies that PML-N has won comfortably in most parts of the country. They are doing something however they are doing very little to change us as a nation. One more point that we should consider is that IK is almost 65....next elections he will be arnd 67, he has got max of 2 more elections to fight and i find it hard that he will be able to win the upcomin elec considering his perf in by elections :(
Its not all about IK becoming a prime minister, its about PTI as a whole coming into power. PTI has relatively educated and better politicians than PML-N or any other party. PTI is comprised of and supported by educated people. No doubt IK has done enough and yes he is getting old. But there are still people in PTI like Asad Umar and Shah Mehmood Qureshi and many more who can be graded higher if compared to our current politicans. Of course educated persons can do better than a nearly uneducated person. We have already seen if not much, at least little improvement in KPK. They have struggled a lot against bribery and corruption. In such senses, PTI seems better than any other political party in our country at this time.
To be honest, we don't have a leader yet! IK is just a better option than others.

Reaction score
Its not all about IK becoming a prime minister, its about PTI as a whole coming into power. PTI has relatively educated and better politicians than PML-N or any other party. PTI is comprised of and supported by educated people. No doubt IK has done enough and yes he is getting old. But there are still people in PTI like Asad Umar and Shah Mehmood Qureshi and many more who can be graded higher if compared to our current politicans. Of course educated persons can do better than a nearly uneducated person. We have already seen if not much, at least little improvement in KPK. They have struggled a lot against bribery and corruption. In such senses, PTI seems better than any other political party in our country at this time.
To be honest, we don't have a leader yet! IK is just a better option than others.
Hes the best we have got after liauqat ali khan and i doubt that we are gonna get a better one if things remain same. What i think is PTI=IK , people support PTI cux of him, the rest of the party has to yet prove their credibility. A province like KPK is very diff to handle considering that its the province where a war is going on, its always been under developed and the capricious people that reside their i.e pathans. IK has done a great job their...depoliticizing the police,improving the judiciary there and the management of IDPs.

Reaction score
So, where are we gonna start? Who is coming to fulfill our basic needs? We have talked about PTI and it is struggling a lot but what can PTI or the whole nation can do when even he wins, he can't because of massive rigging! Where should we go then? IK can win but even then he can't win. We are stuck, we dont want PML-N to govern us and we strive hard to down it yet we cant. Lets just talk about the majority of people, leave out those who dont want a change. That means we are talking mostly about our affluent society, which is not suffering from scarcity of basic needs. Such people have alternatives for load-shedding, they are coping well with inflation and of course affluent means they are not worried about their income, wages etc, they get their kids educated in high-standard expensive schools, they get skillful expensive clinics and doctors for their health issues, their money can buy them 'fair or unfair' justice ...so their basic needs are being fulfilled, right.

Its not that we are completely lacking an educational society. WE have alot of learned and talented people amongst us but sadly they prefer better wages and lifestyle over working for their country. Thus it proves that being educated wont make you a patriot...its the mentality which needs to be changed. Education plays a pivotal role in the development of a country but its gotta be supported with basic needs. We are not talking abt a country which has developed to some extent. No....we are still developing and we have alot to achieve in financial and socio-economic fields. The basic needs and the mentality needs to be changed. Only then education may bring some change

From such people, then we must be expecting revolutionary thoughts. History has shown truth-lovers are not always large in umber. Only a limited number bring change. The problem is such people don't always "stay" in their country where they need the most. They invest their skills and their money abroad. So here comes the 'mentality' to play its role. Why couldn't their education change their mentality. They were not deprived of basic needs!. Education does not make patriotic only when it is not the "right" education. What do u expect when for 10-12 years of education teaches you hate your own 'identities' and make some strangers your ideal and your role models. Nothing but only knowledge and education can change mentality. There is no other power in the world to change human beings' mentality. So, our education was not good enough, it does need to be changed.

Reaction score
Personally i belive that the major problem in pakistan is it media. All that has ever been shown on news is all about the negative aspects of this country.Have they ever put up enoght effort to promote education sector? I dont think so.When i was at My camp in Faisalabad I got to know how much paksitan has contributed to research sector. The world project of Human genome sequence, IN that pakistan has almost contributed to about 3 sequences. Other than that The scientis working there has contributed much more immensely to the research and there have been Medicine and diseases which were initially discovered by Pakistrani scientist.

Reaction score
Lol....that would be an exaggaration. The fact, no matter how bitter It is, is that we pakistanis are not honest; not to our country, not to our religion. We are blinded by the greed of wealth. The infrastructure of every system is so biased and dishonest that it allows no 'honest' and patriotic person to rise to the top, where they can bring a difference.
Its the nature of us muslims, that we always side with self interests over that of our nation. Ther are some 'anomalies' as I wuld say but they dont make much diff. So theres no way we can rise to tue level of america or some other superpower.

Education is a long term goal, probably it will take a span of 15-20 years to improve it if we take some measures. But consudering the current situation of paki, I dont think that it should be amongst the priorties of our govt. That is because to nurture nd develop ur educational sectir you need atleast 15 years og honest and dedicated govt who will enure that the measures they take are implemented. Sadly in case of pakistan this period has never come due to martial laws and instability of democratic powers.

Perhaps the most prominent issue nowadays is the extremist and cruel behaviour of indiad govt who in past have termed themselve as the biggest democracy and have been all praises abt their secular behaviour, have shown the world their real face and nature. Muslims, christians and even the low caste hindus are facing attrocites at hands of this 'secular' and liberal govt. It shows their hatred for indian muslims In particular and us muslims in general, a hatred which is stilll there even after 68 years of partition. While UN and all western countries asked us to stop the hangings of terrorists no one stops India as they go around killing and harrasing their own people. Witnessing this scenario, I consider myself lucky that we were blessed with a leader like quaid, who ensured that we get our own country to live in.
May be you should reconsider your view about 'Nature of Muslims'. It's the human nature you had to say, I guess, but that too, I would argue, is wrong. Why? Can't write much right now, but I will like to have a more heated up discussion with you guys after my mid-years ;)

Education, a long term goal? yes it is, but not like a 15-20 years long one. If you might have experienced teaching 9th/10th graders you must have seen it doesn't take long to clarify their concepts and logic of all the things they have been memorizing since forever. And that is even more interesting for them, like suddenly everything around them starts making sense, and easier and quicker too. I agree with what else u said in that para.

India? boy, are you serious? In my opinion, India's such behaviour has nothing to do with our internal problems. That all is solely our own fault. But after all its just an opinion, and a longer discussion on this too will be after my mids (y)

Last edited:
Reaction score
May be you should reconsider your view about 'Nature of Muslims'. It's the human nature you had to say, I guess, but that too, I would argue, is wrong. Why? Can't write much right now, but I will like to have a more heated up discussion with you guys after my mid-years ;)

Education, a long term goal? yes it is, but not like a 15-20 years long one. If you might have experienced teaching 9th/10th graders you must have seen it doesn't take long to clarify their concepts and logic of all the things they have been memorizing since forever. And that is even more interesting for them, like suddenly everything around them starts making sense. I agree with what else u said in that para.

India? boy, are you serious? In my opinion, India's such behaviour has nothing to do with our internal problems. That all is solely our own fault. But after all its just an opinion, and a longer discussion on this too will be after my mids (y)
No no ... I think he was referring to the problems in India separately ...

Reaction score
Personally i belive that the major problem in pakistan is it media. All that has ever been shown on news is all about the negative aspects of this country.Have they ever put up enoght effort to promote education sector? I dont think so.When i was at My camp in Faisalabad I got to know how much paksitan has contributed to research sector. The world project of Human genome sequence, IN that pakistan has almost contributed to about 3 sequences. Other than that The scientis working there has contributed much more immensely to the research and there have been Medicine and diseases which were initially discovered by Pakistrani scientist.
who denies the existence of utmost talent in Pakistan but the problem is 'is that talent being used the right way to serve the country?' My answer is 'no'. What happened to our talented scientist Aafia Sadique? She was "SOLD" to our enemies by our own "care-takers". What I mean by education is mainly "training" through education. Only learning the facts is not enough, not even using the facts to answer some new questions. But education is not all about reading and studying. I think it more about "training" a mind (to brighten his ability to choose for himself the righteous way, better for his own self and his homeland). What is it that makes a real nation? What is it that awakens a sleeping nation? Media is destroying us because we are baseless, we are distracted from our paths, we are confused and doubtful who we are? what should we do? and what should we follow? East or West? I think all these understandings can be sought only through right way of educating people.

Reaction score

Education, a long term goal? yes it is, but not like a 15-20 years long one. If you might have experienced teaching 9th/10th graders you must have seen it doesn't take long to clarify their concepts and logic of all the things they have been memorizing since forever. And that is even more interesting for them, like suddenly everything around them starts making sense, and easier and quicker too. I agree with what else u said in that para.

Regarding your education point of view. I agree its not that much long-term goal. But even it really is that long, it is worth waiting. Why? At least we'd be assured we are going to have a real bright future. But right now..our demise is vivid, a perfect example of a real-life sleeping nation, not just a proverb! Emotions, thoughts, ambitions, ability to fight for your right are such things lacking the most in our nation and that's what make us fall even more.

Reaction score

hqdefault.jpg

Man....! u r such politics geek! Jealous, I am!

Reaction score
Man....! u r such politics geek! Jealous, I am!
thanks. I'm extra-ordinary honored. Its just my interest which basically exploded inside me when I could not get permission from my parents to become a politician..
haha. no need to be jealous. Lets just move forward together. This is the need of hour that we as a whole nation, understand all the bitter truths that belong to us and never accept them as 'facts'. Evil facts must be vanished.