• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Plz help!!!

Reaction score
Please help!!
I need to know when to filter a solution and when to crystallise it and when to heat in a crucible and also I need to know when to use an evaporating dish and lastly I need to the soluble and insoluble salts

Thnx in advance!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Fileration and crystallisation means that you need some thing in precipitate (Solid salt) form and ofc heat it aswell to get pure crystal forms.
whenever crystals are hydrated (with water) we need to evaporate it to remove water from it before it starts melting.
You can differentiate btw soluble and insoluble salts by few methods (like b.p,m.p,condesation.etc)

HOPE IT HELPED =)
Pray for me in return thanks.
Hope we do well in tommorow exam and up coming exams InshAllah.

Regards,

Reaction score
It helped thnx bro but still I didnt get when to use crystallization and when to use filtration

Reaction score
here u go the table i made for soluble and insoluble salts ........... kindly dont mind the drawing as i m not good at it

now coming towards ur problems
1:we use filtration when we have to sperate soluble and insoluble salts
2:we use crystallization when we seperate a solid by cooling either its solution or molten liquid
3:we use evaporation when we seperate a soluble solid

hope u get it .................. good luck for ur exams :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

Reaction score
miscible liquids r those liquids which completely dissolve in one another forming a single layer
suspension is a state in which small insoluble solid particles are spread throughout the solution