• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pls Help !! Chemistry paper 3 ???

Reaction score
yeah their ig questions from past papers .. plz help ... i can prove dey r if u want

Reaction score
Outofideaz said:
i need help plzz in the following two questions !!!
Give the marking scheme so that I can give you the answer :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Reaction score
smartygirl said:
:oops: SO GUYZ DO U RILLI THINK CHEM WILL B AS HARD AS PHY N BIO
I THINK SO
U mean varient 1, if varient 1 it will be damn easy in order to balance it but for varient 2 damn hard also to belance it

Reaction score
For the first one:

d.i) 1 mole takes up 24dm^3, so 5 moles were formed.
ii) If 5 moles were formed, then using the second equation, (EDIT) As the question says that 1 mole was formed, y=2.
iii) I have no idea how to find x.

For the second one:

a) Energy Saved = 250 x 95/100 =237.5

This implies that 12.5 GJ is used to make 1 tonne of paper via recycling.. (I think so anyway :D)

These questions are pretty tough, so I'm just trying my best, I hope I somewhat helped and somewhat got it right.

Reaction score
thanks ur answer is correct according to the marking scheme ... one question is frm 1993 and the other frm 1994

Reaction score
Ahh, I think I know how to find x too. If 1 mole reacts to form 1 mole of CO2, then 3 + x = 5
=> x = 2.