• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Please post biology paper 6 notes

Reaction score
Guys if anyone has biology paper 6 (alternative to practical ) notes please share!!!
thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
biology paper 6 tips :D
in paper 6 u dont need to study alot compared to paper 3 :)
i suggest u to know the drawing and identify most diagram and labeling (eg. xylem, pholum, blood vessel, and leg of insect)
the most hardest diagram is about the vertibrate for me (eg, insecta, myriapod, ..... )
u should also know the test for starch, fat, protein, reducing sugar !!!!! (if u need them post it here)
magnification formula : magnification=image/actual.

every thing else is about ur concept of the course :)
and dont forget to learn about the effect, use, and where its produce of auxin :p

AUXIN:
the question that came in 1990's (do the old past paper because it might come like physic paper 1)
auxin is produced at the tip of the shoot and it is killed by light, when the shoot grow the one side of the shoot have contact with light
so the auxin is move or kill to the other side with no light, the side with light dont have auxin so grow more slowly but the side which
have auxin grow faster in a result the shoot bend toward the light .
in root it is the opposite, auxin slow down growth rate of the root.

hope U will do gud in ur exam :D

Reaction score
Actually I was also a bit confused about what should I do in Paper 6. But, i revised the most common chapters which usually comeess like plants and classification and all that...........
then i will revise paper 6 and solve somee...I actually hate this paper 6. :(

Reaction score
did u sure auxin is comin?? i gess som ppl had bio paper 6 today i hav 2morw ......

Reaction score
its not that hard...lol its mostly graphs,measuring and labelling which is the part u probably have to study mostly for....oh ye...and the experiments...if any1 has any notes on how to do experiments..please post them here :good:

Reaction score
im not sure but itll come from old past paper so i checked it and mostly they ask about auxin :D
im doing my exam 2morrow :)

wish everyone do their best :D

Reaction score
guys,
my biology paper 6 is tomorrow
hope it goes good
but i m nt getting anything to study
maybe you can help me if you have any website or any use
ful notes please post it.
plzz...