• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

PLease Please someone check thsee q's of pak studies p.1:

Reaction score
Actually i want to check the pattern of attempting 7 mark and 14 mark q's , everybody says something different in terms of no of paragraphs.....for 4 mark i have finally decided to use the following pattern.

1 PARA:IDENTIFY BRIEFLY ALL THREE REASONS
2 PARA:EXPLAIN ALL THREE REASONS IN A GOOD WAY
3 PARA :2 TO 3 LINES FOR MY OPINION OR COMMENTS T O SHOW UNDERSTANDING ....A RECOMMENDATION BY VERY EXPERIENCED TEACHER......ALSO SHE SAYS TO AVOID WRITING FIRSTLY SECONDLY AND THIRDLY BECAUSE EXAMINER WILL KNOW HOW MUCH I KNOW ABOUT EACH POINT ....SO AVOID IT ....THAT'S WHY AM WRITING ALL EXPLANATION IN 1 PARA AS WELL.

HERE'S AN EXAMPLE:
Why did Musharraf come to power in 1999?
There were many reasons why he took control of government.Some of the main reasons includes attempt by Nawaz Sharif to sack him, failure of Nawaz Sharif domestic policies and his support to Afghan taliban.

When Musaharraf was out of country in Sri lanka,nawaz tried to sack him and also he blamed him fro the defeat at kargil.Army could not bear this accusation.Thus,there exist personal dislikement and disputes between both which led him to intervene.Nawaz sharif was supporting afghan taliban who refused to handover usama bin laden who was suspected for bombing us embassy in kenya.This and his explosion of nuclear devices angered usa and other western countries who halted pak's aid affecting economy.Musharraf siad that economy was at standstill and he wanted to develop country in which nawaz had failed.Mushaaraf further argued that state institutions like judiciary and police was corrupt which was not able to establish peace and thus people have lost hopes in government.Moreover he accused him of setting parliamentary dictatorship through amendments in constitution nawaz made..So,he wanted to maintain law and order and stabilize the country.

The reasons might have been those mentioned above but on the other hand it can be argued that it was not new that military took over the government and Musaharraf also wanted to rule thus,he simply used his powers.

FOR 14 MARK Q I HAVE DECIDED TO GO FOR 5 TO 6 PARAS:
1 PARA: FOR BRIEFLY DESCRIBING THE STATEMENT OF Q AND POINTING OUT THE HEADINGS OF FURTHER PARAS
PARA 2,3 ,4 ,5:FOR DETAILS AND ENPLANING THE FACTORS
6:FOR JUjDEMNET AND MY COMMENTS FOR JUJDEMNET.

HELP WILL BE TOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH APPRECIATED!

Reaction score
This is the pattern for solving the 14 mark questions:

For Ex: The main reason for the failure of the War of Independence was the greased cartridge incident. Do you agree or disagree? Fortify with reasons.

PARA 1
A BRIEF description about the War. For ex: "The War of Independence was a sporadic uprising by the locals in Northern India against the British in Mid-summer 1857. It was the only major armed struggle against the British Crown in India. It however largely failed."
Start off with the reason mentioned. Be sure to explain it as fully as you can. "The greased cartridge incident was the final whistle for the cause of the uprising. The British introduced the Enfield Rifles amongst the ............ "

PARA 2, 3 AND 4
In each subsequent paragraph, give another reason for the war eg. disparity in the composition of the armies, economic regression etc etc.

ENDING PARA
Give your finishing statement(s). What do you think? Which was the most important reason. Be sane in your approach and back it with a proper reason. For eg: "I believe that the 'greased cartridge incident' was the most important reason for the War Of Independence. The reason is that it was the immediate cause of the Mutiny. Once the greased cartridges had been introduced and once Mangal Panday has defied his commander, the War had officially commenced."

Note: You get 7-8 marks for the already-mentioned reason (i.e the one in the question, in this case the greased cartridges) and one mark for each subsequent reason (paras 2,3 and 4). The ending statement scores you another mark.

This is how you do it.
Taha Tehseen ( A* in Pakstd. May 2012)

Reaction score
This is the pattern for solving the 14 mark questions:

For Ex: The main reason for the failure of the War of Independence was the greased cartridge incident. Do you agree or disagree? Fortify with reasons.

PARA 1
A BRIEF description about the War. For ex: "The War of Independence was a sporadic uprising by the locals in Northern India against the British in Mid-summer 1857. It was the only major armed struggle against the British Crown in India. It however largely failed."
Start off with the reason mentioned. Be sure to explain it as fully as you can. "The greased cartridge incident was the final whistle for the cause of the uprising. The British introduced the Enfield Rifles amongst the ............ "

PARA 2, 3 AND 4
In each subsequent paragraph, give another reason for the war eg. disparity in the composition of the armies, economic regression etc etc.

ENDING PARA
Give your finishing statement(s). What do you think? Which was the most important reason. Be sane in your approach and back it with a proper reason. For eg: "I believe that the 'greased cartridge incident' was the most important reason for the War Of Independence. The reason is that it was the immediate cause of the Mutiny. Once the greased cartridges had been introduced and once Mangal Panday has defied his commander, the War had officially commenced."

Note: You get 7-8 marks for the already-mentioned reason (i.e the one in the question, in this case the greased cartridges) and one mark for each subsequent reason (paras 2,3 and 4). The ending statement scores you another mark.

This is how you do it.
Taha Tehseen ( A* in Pakstd. May 2012)
am really thankful for such an explanatory answer but was really shocked that the reason already mentionesd scores 7-8 marks!It means if this reason's para is of lets say 10 lines than the others might be of 5 lines.Please also tell that is my 7 mark's pattern above corrrect?

Reaction score
I'll make it short. Let the question be: "Why was Bengal partitioned in 1905?"

PARA 1:
Few brief lines about the actual partition: "In 1905 Bengal was partitioned by Lord Curzon. There were a myriad of reasons behind it.
Then continue the same paragraph with the first reason :"One of the reasons was that Bengal was difficult to govern in totality. It was the most populous province of British India. It was 10 times the population of Britain and yet the size of France..."

PARA 2:
Start off directly with the second reason: "The second reason was/ Another reason was/ Another cause of the partition was that Curzon wanted to improve the conditions of Eastern Bengal. Pirates were roaming in hoardes there and crime rates were high. Moreover, the economy was dull and slumping. Indeed he did declare in one of his tours that he wanted to "create a Mohammadan Province" in order to please muslims..."

PARA3:
Directly 3rd reason should be explained: "The third reason/Perhaps the most important reason/Lastly/ However, one other important reason was what the Hindus believed, the divide and rule policy........."
You could add an ending statement if you want but its not required as such.

The pattern you wrote about above is WRONG. DO NOT FOLLOW IT.

Any more questions? Shoot at me.

Reaction score
I'll make it short. Let the question be: "Why was Bengal partitioned in 1905?"

PARA 1:
Few brief lines about the actual partition: "In 1905 Bengal was partitioned by Lord Curzon. There were a myriad of reasons behind it.
Then continue the same paragraph with the first reason :"One of the reasons was that Bengal was difficult to govern in totality. It was the most populous province of British India. It was 10 times the population of Britain and yet the size of France..."

PARA 2:
Start off directly with the second reason: "The second reason was/ Another reason was/ Another cause of the partition was that Curzon wanted to improve the conditions of Eastern Bengal. Pirates were roaming in hoardes there and crime rates were high. Moreover, the economy was dull and slumping. Indeed he did declare in one of his tours that he wanted to "create a Mohammadan Province" in order to please muslims..."

PARA3:
Directly 3rd reason should be explained: "The third reason/Perhaps the most important reason/Lastly/ However, one other important reason was what the Hindus believed, the divide and rule policy........."
You could add an ending statement if you want but its not required as such.

The pattern you wrote about above is WRONG. DO NOT FOLLOW IT.

Any more questions? Shoot at me.
How do you check the authenticity of pattern?7 mark of mine was told by a teacher who topped in Pakistan in 2010....

Reaction score
actual
Actually i want to check the pattern of attempting 7 mark and 14 mark q's , everybody says something different in terms of no of paragraphs.....for 4 mark i have finally decided to use the following pattern.

1 PARA:IDENTIFY BRIEFLY ALL THREE REASONS
2 PARA:EXPLAIN ALL THREE REASONS IN A GOOD WAY
3 PARA :2 TO 3 LINES FOR MY OPINION OR COMMENTS T O SHOW UNDERSTANDING ....A RECOMMENDATION BY VERY EXPERIENCED TEACHER......ALSO SHE SAYS TO AVOID WRITING FIRSTLY SECONDLY AND THIRDLY BECAUSE EXAMINER WILL KNOW HOW MUCH I KNOW ABOUT EACH POINT ....SO AVOID IT ....THAT'S WHY AM WRITING ALL EXPLANATION IN 1 PARA AS WELL.

HERE'S AN EXAMPLE:
Why did Musharraf come to power in 1999?
There were many reasons why he took control of government.Some of the main reasons includes attempt by Nawaz Sharif to sack him, failure of Nawaz Sharif domestic policies and his support to Afghan taliban.

When Musaharraf was out of country in Sri lanka,nawaz tried to sack him and also he blamed him fro the defeat at kargil.Army could not bear this accusation.Thus,there exist personal dislikement and disputes between both which led him to intervene.Nawaz sharif was supporting afghan taliban who refused to handover usama bin laden who was suspected for bombing us embassy in kenya.This and his explosion of nuclear devices angered usa and other western countries who halted pak's aid affecting economy.Musharraf siad that economy was at standstill and he wanted to develop country in which nawaz had failed.Mushaaraf further argued that state institutions like judiciary and police was corrupt which was not able to establish peace and thus people have lost hopes in government.Moreover he accused him of setting parliamentary dictatorship through amendments in constitution nawaz made..So,he wanted to maintain law and order and stabilize the country.

The reasons might have been those mentioned above but on the other hand it can be argued that it was not new that military took over the government and Musaharraf also wanted to rule thus,he simply used his powers.

FOR 14 MARK Q I HAVE DECIDED TO GO FOR 5 TO 6 PARAS:
1 PARA: FOR BRIEFLY DESCRIBING THE STATEMENT OF Q AND POINTING OUT THE HEADINGS OF FURTHER PARAS
PARA 2,3 ,4 ,5:FOR DETAILS AND ENPLANING THE FACTORS
6:FOR JUjDEMNET AND MY COMMENTS FOR JUJDEMNET.

HELP WILL BE TOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH APPRECIATED!

heres the thing The best thing to do is to start by explaining the thing thats asked by the question ( in 14 mask question ) . Like if the question is "greese cartillage incident was main reason for war of indepence blah blah blah " first explain the greese cartillage incident . then say " but there were other reasons as well " then one by one explain each in a certain pattern . This is the BEST way to do it .
Ty and gl

Reaction score
actual

heres the thing The best thing to do is to start by explaining the thing thats asked by the question ( in 14 mask question ) . Like if the question is "greese cartillage incident was main reason for war of indepence blah blah blah " first explain the greese cartillage incident . then say " but there were other reasons as well " then one by one explain each in a certain pattern . This is the BEST way to do it .
Ty and gl
I guess you meant Cartridge*.
Secondly, If you look at the 7 mark questions, they DO NOT mention any reasons for the 7 mark question. Therefore your method is wrong.

Reaction score
How do you check the authenticity of pattern?7 mark of mine was told by a teacher who topped in Pakistan in 2010....
The one I wrote down is also by a teacher who topped in 2011. Your answer is not erroneous in entirety, it'll give a bad impression though! Firstly, secondly and thirdly is important. My teacher teaches at Beaconhouse Defence, one of the best schools in Lahore, if not the best. I also studied from Umer khan at an academy and his pattern, too, was similar. So, I guess this is what you should follow. :)