• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Please help ICT paper 1 question

Reaction score
can anyone please give me the correct answer to question 11(h):i in the may/june 2010 exam variant 2 ?
in the mark scheme it says range check , can't it be type check also?

Reaction score
type check is correct however in this question it is considered incorrect, if u refer back to the question and read it carefully u will realize that it said the MOST appropriate validation check and type check could be used but it is not the MOST appropriate and if u solve june 2011 variant 2 the question asked for the validation check for the number in stock too but in this case type check would be correct and it is mentioned in the ms as the question said AN appropriate validation check

hope i helped.... :oops:

gud luck :good:

Reaction score
so why is the range check more appropriate? the question didn't say anything about a certain range for number in stock

Reaction score
yeah but a company or whatever is stated in the question cant possibly have about a million products and cant possibly have
-1 products too :Search: there must be a limit for the number in stock which would propably be between an upper limit( i didnt mention a number cause as u said the question didnt mention one)and zero :)