• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Unit 6 A2 Level

Reaction score
then u usually use the least count or precision of the instrument u r using.
e.g a meter rule has precision of 1mm which will be the uncertainty in the measurement made with it.
im doing ial.
okay .. hey can you PLEASE explain to me june 2013 unit 6 paper question #1 part bi why to multiply by pi/4?! also part bii i dont get why thry did x2 !! ?? and part d !! how the hell shud i know that i need to do %diff? and then total %U??
i dont get anything here!! :(

Reaction score
okay .. hey can you PLEASE explain to me june 2013 unit 6 paper question #1 part bi why to multiply by pi/4?! also part bii i dont get why thry did x2 !! ?? and part d !! how the hell shud i know that i need to do %diff? and then total %U??
i dont get anything here!! :(
b) i) Volume of a cylinder = πr²h
d = r/2
V = π(d/2)² * h
V = πd²h/4

Reaction score
ha !! bii or d
b) ii) Thickness is 1.82 ±0.02 so % uncertainty of thickness = (0.02/1.82)*100 = 1.1%
Diametre is correct to da nearest 0.1 mm, n from da formula, diametre is squared so it will b (2*0.1)/(25.9) * 100 = 0.77%
Now add both %s to get 1.87 aproxx. 1.9%

Reaction score
guys can anyone plz give me a link for AS hodder physics book and physics unit 4 and 5 guidebook from hodder education....plz i need them urgently.