• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Unit 2. How was it ???!!!

Reaction score
Are you actually retarded? Just accept the correct physics.

When the length was doubled and the cross sectional are was doubled okay. If the length is doubled there is twice the amount of charge carriers! Therefore I=nAvQ compared to new I=2n2AvQ therefore v is V/4

That would have been a harsh comment if you were correct, but the fact you are wrong makes it hilarious. Please keep entertaining us all.

Reaction score
I've some questions guys. Help me out here k?
1) What did you people gave the answer for MCQ No.3 about the phase difference?
2) What did you people write about that polarisation questions which talks about tilting your head?
3) The Last Question. Should the resistance Increase or Decrease? And how come its a 4mark question? :|

This paper was pretty easy but some of the questions were pretty tough i'd say. What do you think the grade boundary for A will be? I think 58-60.

Reaction score
I've some questions guys. Help me out here k?
1) What did you people gave the answer for MCQ No.3 about the phase difference?
2) What did you people write about that polarisation questions which talks about tilting your head?
3) The Last Question. Should the resistance Increase or Decrease? And how come its a 4mark question? :|

This paper was pretty easy but some of the questions were pretty tough i'd say. What do you think the grade boundary for A will be? I think 58-60.

I don't remember what I picked exactly but

1) Wave Y was pi/2 radians ahead of X
2) If you tilt your head the polariser begins to let oscillations in the other plain through, but it's not a 90 degree rotation so it's not maximum intensity, hence 'faint image'
3) I put resistance decreases because of the heating/ion vibration theory. I think the wording of the question was key in this one, it asked us how the low current effected the resistance, not the other way around.

Reaction score
Ahh don't worry about it man, im not sure if im right, honestly! Your answers may be right

I know i'm wrong. That is exactly why i asked this questions here. :p I hope the grade boundary is low even though the paper was relatively easy but its Unit 2. So hoping for the best.

Reaction score
I know i'm wrong. That is exactly why i asked this questions here. :p I hope the grade boundary is low even though the paper was relatively easy but its Unit 2. So hoping for the best.

Yeah I agree with you about the paper. It was relatively easy but like you say, Unit 2 is Unit 2 and notoriously hated by everyone, so hoping for decent grade boundaries. Maybe 55-57 instead of the usual 50/51 for June.

Reaction score
I don't remember what I picked exactly but

1) Wave Y was pi/2 radians ahead of X
2) If you tilt your head the polariser begins to let oscillations in the other plain through, but it's not a 90 degree rotation so it's not maximum intensity, hence 'faint image'
3) I put resistance decreases because of the heating/ion vibration theory. I think the wording of the question was key in this one, it asked us how the low current effected the resistance, not the other way around.

exactly what i said although (2) i phrashed it in a different matter some people disagreed about (3) but thats what i wrote

Reaction score
the current for both lamps was different and in a series circuit the current is the same, one was 0.17A and the other lamp was 0.2A so i think the circuit is in parallal, well thats what i did :)
I know that's true but there wasnt that much of a difference and besides, if it was in Parallel, taking one lamp off wouldn't have affected the performance of the other AT ALL. Taking either lamp off actually meant the other one didnt work, which means u've broken the circuit somehow, and that's Series.

uhf lol idk we'll see when we get the MS :p

Reaction score
I know that's true but there wasnt that much of a difference and besides, if it was in Parallel, taking one lamp off wouldn't have affected the performance of the other AT ALL. Taking either lamp off actually meant the other one didnt work, which means u've broken the circuit somehow, and that's Series.

uhf lol idk we'll see when we get the MS :p

lol if they were parallel the current in the smaller lamp would be more than x100 the main bulb because it had a resistance of 12.5 and that one had 1322.5 or something :p its series

Reaction score
beliv me, i did the exact same thing. wrote the exact same explanation.......what do u think, will we get ECF or how much mark wud we lose altogether here?

No I think they're assuming that the only right answer is the simpler answer of it being a series circuit so I think we're gonna lose all the marks for that question, no ecf, except for those easy 1 or 2 mark calculations that were at the end sadly :(

Reaction score
Great am doomed, I got the Drift Velocity MCQ wrong i think and my answer for the corroded metal was 3.02cm :(

Few other questions were horrendous, i didn't answer one of the question about 3D effect. What am i going to do?

Reaction score
lol if they were parallel the current in the smaller lamp would be more than x100 the main bulb because it had a resistance of 12.5 and that one had 1322.5 or something :p its series
yeah true that. yep I wrote series.