• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics S_11 paper 42 mark scheme query

Reaction score
Hello,

I have found that there have been two versions of this mark scheme posted on Xtremepapers. One directly uploaded to the site index, and the other one posted in forums(before it was uploaded on site's papers section). Here it is:
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/...nd AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_s11_ms_42.pdf

My problem is that the answer to question number 6(b) is different in these two mark schemes. I have attached the version which was posted in forums(as I can't find the particular thread where it was uploaded). Now what worries me is that this might be the case with other mark schemes, and I would like to know what's going on in there? o_O Does anyone have any idea about it? Is it with this year's mark scheme only?

Attachments

• 9702_s11_ms_42.pdf
    125.6 KB · Views: 12
Reaction score
check the examiner report:)
Nah, that doesn't matter. Examiner report is correct, anyway. As for the mark scheme, I have found two more mark schemes who have stupid two versions. I really don't know whose fault lies in it, the person who uploaded those papers might have modified it, OR CIE itself might have made a mistake at first(there's a low chance of this, as this hasn't been the case before). :cautious:

Reaction score
Hello,

I have found that there have been two versions of this mark scheme posted on Xtremepapers. One directly uploaded to the site index, and the other one posted in forums(before it was uploaded on site's papers section). Here it is:
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_s11_ms_42.pdf

My problem is that the answer to question number 6(b) is different in these two mark schemes. I have attached the version which was posted in forums(as I can't find the particular thread where it was uploaded). Now what worries me is that this might be the case with other mark schemes, and I would like to know what's going on in there? o_O Does anyone have any idea about it? Is it with this year's mark scheme only?
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!!

oops... :eek:
i dunno what's wrong...recently..in chem p1 it happened...i had the ms downloaded, and it said the answer was D to an MCQ..and that was a strange thing,....cuz how cud bromine ever be purple...and that's what option d was...i posted in the doubts thread...and then came to know answer was B in the mark scheme..exactly the same thing as you said..in the currently uploaded ms...and not only ms, both the m and er...had D in the ones i had earlier, and then the one currently there had B :eek:

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!!

oops... :eek:
i dunno what's wrong...recently..in chem p1 it happened...i had the ms downloaded, and it said the answer was D to an MCQ..and that was a strange thing,....cuz how cud bromine ever be purple...and that's what option d was...i posted in the doubts thread...and then came to know answer was B in the mark scheme..exactly the same thing as you said..in the currently uploaded ms...and not only ms, both the m and er...had D in the ones i had earlier, and then the one currently there had B :eek:
Wasalam. Yeah, the same happened with me when I was doing AS Level chemistry. That really sucks. There are much examples of this in Physics paper 4. I hate that person who did this . . .:mad: