• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics results AS-> a . A2-> C What happened?

Reaction score
I got my results yesterday and I got frightened for my physics result. I was getting "a" for my AS level but then for the final grade I got C. how could this happen? I mean I've put a lot of work on my A2 physics and I thought the final grade was either A or A*. I know A2 is harder but the paper gone well.
Is there a different way of studying A2 physics? Is it the grade threshold spikes sky-high? I've done a lot of past papers too. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
it all depends on you.if you think you have done better then go for a re-check.grade thresholds do not vary much.but as you have said you did all what an A* student does so its better to go for a re-check,but grade changes very rare.so dont be so sure.

Reaction score
it all depends on you.if you think you have done better then go for a re-check.grade thresholds do not vary much.but as you have said you did all what an A* student does so its better to go for a re-check,but grade changes very rare.so dont be so sure.
But remember they do change i know a person whos admath grade was changed from B to A
U srely go for a rechek if u think u deserve an A

Reaction score
Go for a recheck if you are more than 97% sure that it went awesome. Good luck from ma side.

Reaction score
I know all these people are telling you to go for a recheck but you need to remember one thing that its very expensive. Also it's not guaranteed that they will change your grades, a friend of mine got his paper rechecked and they even sent him a hard copy of the paper checked with explanations. Leave the wrong marking aside, there was an error of more than 10 marks just in counting the total marks by the examiner and even after struggling a lot he didn't get his grade changed. I'm not de-motivating you, go for recheck if you think you deserved more but just keep this in mind that it's going to be expensive and even then they might not change your grade because according to their policies they have to give you back the rechecking fee if your overall grade changes after recheck. So just think about it, my advice would be if you have time then give the exam for A2 again.