• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics practical tips

Reaction score
see what the er says :D
well anyway...we'll carry out this whole procedure IF we have time in the end ;) otherwise it's better that we lose one mark [may be] and solve the rest of the paper :p
Hmm!
(y)

But the m.s never said anything abt deducting marks if the candidate hasnt done it!
So they must award marks :p

Reaction score
Guys i have a question. The points we plot on the graph, should they be crosses or encircled dots or perhaps both are acceptable?
CIE prefers encircled dots...it gives a better impression to the graph than just putting crosses..

Reaction score
WOW!! i didn't know more than half of what you've written. Thanks a million!!!:D

Reaction score
One major confusion am dealing with in P3 is if in the question paper the values are given in 'cm' should we continue the rest of the calculations and draw the graph by converting the values into 'm' or leave it to 'cm'? :cautious:

Reaction score
could anyone please tell me about the possible causes of limitations and their suggested improvements, in general (paper 3)?
URGENT!!

Reaction score
Hey how many of you are appearing for the A-level chemistry practical of the variant 33?
Anyone has any hints?

Reaction score
Thank you ! this was very helpful but can you put an animation of the micrometer screw gauge as well please.. ? it will really help

Reaction score
i dont get uncertainty.. can anyone please give an example with the all the readings for the meter rule, the calliper and other intruments..?

Reaction score
Do you know any good physics teacher in karachi? I have heard Naushad is nice but does he teaches in defence?

Reaction score
Guys i always lost marks in the question whre they ask for 4 errors and 4 improvements. How can i improve on that side?

Thanks

Reaction score
2 basic inprovement r repeat experiment plot a grape reduces inaccuracy , if ossiclation r then use of motion sensor to find when 1 ossilation complte basic error r few values to reach the conclusion 2..few values leads to more inaccuracy 3..if ossilation then ossilaction dies away and difficult to determine when one ossilation is completed these r basic ones and the rest depend upon the experiment

Reaction score
Mostly the caliper r of .05 mm or.02mm so the error depend upon the division
If 1 division is .05mm then error is .05/10 (10 becuz 1cm converted to mm
If per division is .02 then .02/10

Reaction score
if i connect the power supply wrong to the battery (not the cell one, the box one) will i get BOMBED ????? urgent !