• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I did. Did you use the tangent to calcualte the activity of the nucleus in the second to last Q?? I didnt...
i used a tangent

i added them since its gotta pass through both capacitor AND muscle???
and also the capacitor has same charge as I * t right

i think it was multiplied, had a similar question in our mocks. but the Io thing confused the hell out of me. and yes, it had the same charge, i think? I'm so unsure about all my answers. why did they give the frequency as 50 though? some people used it to calculate charge, and it kind of made sense.

Reaction score
lol i guess itll hit an early 50 for both
wut was so shitty abt it btw?

there were a bunch of new conceptual questions. there was a particular question no one could solve- sand was placed on an oscillator of s.h.m and then the amplitude was slowly increased till it slid off. they asked to find the new amplitude. everyone was like lolwot

Reaction score
the first part said in ONE second, idk why would we use it in that part and i was thinking we should use it but it only asked for ONE time charge up why would I multiply by 50? so like did the whole batch find it hard?

Reaction score
there were a bunch of new conceptual questions. there was a particular question no one could solve- sand was placed on an oscillator of s.h.m and then the amplitude was slowly increased till it slid off. they asked to find the new amplitude. everyone was like lolwot
IKR HOW TF DO I FIND IT THERES NO INFO GIVEN I LOST IT AT THAT QUESTION

Reaction score
i used a tangent

Do you think you get any marks for using the exponential curve equation and given the half life?

i think it was multiplied, had a similar question in our mocks. but the Io thing confused the hell out of me. and yes, it had the same charge, i think? I'm so unsure about all my answers. why did they give the frequency as 50 though? some people used it to calculate charge, and it kind of made sense.

I multiplied too. I divided the total charge by 50.

Reaction score
damn i guess the Exam board was pissed off at making such an easy paper in 2017

Reaction score
I got 17.3 mm for the amplitude question on SHM... you?

Reaction score
yea
I didnt use tangent, i just used the simple half life to carry out the equation. because in books they just took simple half life from the decay curve?
yeah but i think they wanted you to use the gradient.... cause in part b they said without calculating the half life...

Reaction score
do yall think the grade threshold for A can be atleast 60? because even last years papers had 65 and 55 and this years was much diff than last ones