• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Distance XZ is constant.
If speed is high then XZ is covered quickly so t is less.
If speed is low (after rebound inelastic) XZ is covered in more time.

You must also compare area under vt graph. XZ is constant so area must remain constant.
XY isn't constant,no? because the question says it comes to rest somewhere between XY so we don't exactly know if it returns to its initial position?

Reaction score
XY isn't constant,no? because the question says it comes to rest somewhere between XY so we don't exactly know if it returns to its initial position?
Sorry. Read All XZ as YZ. I was talking about the Flat area.

Distance YZ is constant.
If speed is high then YZ is covered quickly so t is less.
If speed is low (after rebound inelastic) YZ is covered in more time.

You must also compare area under vt graph. YZ is constant so area must remain constant.

Reaction score
11356189_941477912539066_1314603987_n.jpg
\
how B?
E= stress/strain= F/A/x/l
E=Fl/xA
E=Fl/ delta l (l^2)
E and F are both constant, so B

Reaction score
The net work done should be the area between the unloading and loading line ,no? :unsure:
The area between is the thermal energy dissipated. For a rubber, when it is extended they say that there is no permanent extension, however there will be heat exerted. The shaded area is the net work done and the area under the graph is the work recovered

Reaction score
Sorry. Read All XZ as YZ. I was talking about the Flat area.

Distance YZ is constant.
If speed is high then YZ is covered quickly so t is less.
If speed is low (after rebound inelastic) YZ is covered in more time.

You must also compare area under vt graph. YZ is constant so area must remain constant.
you mean the shaded areas should be equal , right?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-09 at 8-1.06.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-09 at 8-1.06.30 PM.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
The area between is the thermal energy dissipated. For a rubber, when it is extended they say that there is no permanent extension, however there will be heat exerted. The shaded area is the net work done and the area under the graph is the work recovered
Sorry but I don't get you.. can u shade for me the respective areas please :)

Reaction score
The question is asking for Power. The first 2 answers give KE which is wrong. Its is D because you have to take into account the diff in mass. C just considers M1.
But then why do you need to consider the difference in mass? Won't you add the masses to get the total power? :S