• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Someone plzz help me on this :) thanks in advance :)
Q9 and Q10... I didnt get it :/
View attachment 54905
This is a repeat qstn but i still didnt get it :/
View attachment 54906
Any quick way to calculate the energy except for counting boxes... Its time consuming...
View attachment 54907
View attachment 54909
I didnt get it.... Why isnt it C? I mean the gradient of I/V should be highest so that V/I should be lowest and R=V/I so R should be lowest...
View attachment 54910
View attachment 54911

9: initial momentum = final momentum
m(2v) + 3m(-v) = 4m(vf)
vf = -v/4
10: Just move the arrows around in your head without changing their direction to make a triangle. D is the only way you can make the triangle with the arrows in their original direction.
12: Take the pivot at the point where the ladder meets the wall. All distances must be perpendicular to the forces. F is perpendicular to h and W is perpendicular to a/2a. Equate the clockwise and anticlockwise moments.
21: Just draw a triangle with base .3 m and height 17 N. Area under the triangle is 2.6 but obviously the graph has less area than this so A is the only possible option.
30: Before the switch is opened, 2 and 3 are in parallel, so their resistance is less and their pd is less, while 1's pd is high. when the switch is opened, it becomes a series circuit, so the pd of 2 increases and 1's share of the pd decreases ( think of it as a potential divider circuit)
34: Smallest resistance is at the point where the ratio of V to I is least.
38: Speed of alpha particle is about 5% of the speed of light

Reaction score
ans is c help
Tension in XY = 4N
Tension in XZ = 4N

Extend the line of P so that it crosses through the troangle. It forms 2 right andle triangles. ANgle between Perpendicular and Hypotenuse(XY,XZ) can be found by Sin Theta = 40/50
angle is 53.1

Force of XY in direction P = 4 cos (53.1) = 2.4
Force of XZ in direction P = 4 cos (53.1) = 2.4
Total Force in direction if p = 2.4 +2.4 =4.8 C

Reaction score
The graph is a decreasing gradient curve.
you can see at the end there is less change in angle for an increase in current. That means for high current there will be less deflection. Less desflection means that the values will be close together at the end. at the beginning there is more change in angle per unit change in current. so equaldeflctlion for equal change in current.

Reaction score
11356189_941477912539066_1314603987_n.jpg
\
how B?