• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
The Chill Master I need help physics papers 2 may june 2009 q5 part b
WTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
btw what so ever as far as i understood find distance from S2 to M by Pythagoras Theorem.Calculate path difference
Minima is dark fringes and to get dark fringes n must be an integral multiple of wavelength/2.
But you don't have wavelength so calculate wave length you have been provided with the frequencies and you have wave speed use wave speed=frequency * wavelength
But remember calculate wavelength from both frequencies i will tell u the reason at the end.
Now use formula path difference=(n+1)*wavelength/2
form an equation and then just have a glance at sir's dark and bright fringe's notes.
u saw we used n=0 if A is at B dash........
Now is the tricky part rmmbr i said find both frequencies because you need a range the answers you get are your range so for eg:- if you got value 70 & 20
Then insert n=0 and follow
for eg: if u get with n=0 80 it is out of the range u cant count it as minima do it till u get the least possible value for instance n=6 gives you 19.5 but your range is till 20 so you will get n=1,n=2,n=3,n=4 &n=5 means there are 5 minima's

Reaction score
Hey please can someone help me out with all these questions?I have also added the marking scheme.

Thanks a lot!:)

Attachments

• Physics compiled all doubts.docx
    461.7 KB · Views: 5