• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Suppose that a tank contains 680 m3 of neon at an absolute pressure of 1.01x105 Pa. The temperature is changed from 293.2 to 294.3 K. What is the increase in the internal energy of the neon? [3.9x105 J]

Need help . Thanks in advance! :p

(This is not a past year question)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Another question:

An object of mass 0.20 kg tied to a string is made to move in a vertical circle. When the object is at the highest point, the tension in the string is zero. Determine the tension in the string when the object is at the lowest point. [11.8 N]

Thanks! :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
why isnt it b? isnt rubber a polymer? and it doesnt follow the hooke's law right? so why a straight line for rubber

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 5
Reaction score
shouldn't it be A? if we take this as a straight line answer comes 0.1 but since strain energy would will less than this ans should be A ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-28 at 5.55.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-28 at 5.55.14 PM.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score
Can anyone please explain how to draw two waves with a phase difference?
for example, "draw two waves of identical frequency,wavelength and amplitude and with a phase difference of 5π/8"

any supporting materials or links would also be greatly appreciated
Thanks in Advance!

Reaction score
why are we using the volune calculated in ii1 for finding separation of atoms and not the volume found in i?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score
When we calculate Escape Speed, we use the formula square root[2GM/R]. Here why do we assume the radius,r, as the radius of Earth,R? Escape speed is the speed with which a body moves from gravitational field to infinity. What if its initial position in the gravitational field from where it escaped to infinity was not on the surface of Earth? Why do we use R? Shouldnt we use r as the distance of its initial position from centre of the Earth?

Reaction score
Can someone help me with paper 02 may june 2008 question 6)b) ? It's not making any sense no matter what I try to do. Thanks

Reaction score
salam! Can sum1 please explain the following?
q23 in May june 2012 p23. i understand as to why is it C, but not why the other choices are incorrect.
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_s12_qp_11.pdf
q20 in May june 2011 paper 11
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_s11_qp_11.pdf
q22 and q23 in May june 2013 paper 11
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Physics (9702)/9702_s13_qp_11.pdf

Reaction score
are you referring to a specific question. if yes, tell me which question it is
If a body is present in the Earth's gravitational field, but not on the surface of Earth, then it escapes to infinity. The formula of its escape speed is square root(2GM/r). Here, why r is taken as the radius of Earth?

Reaction score
No its not a specific question. I am just confused why we always take r as the radius of Earth in the formula of Escape speed?