• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I was about to post the answers You made it easy
So will you help me... ??
I'll solve s13_13/12
and you solve s13_11
Okay ?

Reaction score
LAST TIME ANSWERING :p
The question states that "X is measured with a percentage uncertainty of ±1 % of its value at all temperatures." meaning that the percentage uncertainty is unchanged, so A and B is eliminated.
then you need to apply some logic here, will the actual uncertainty get bigger as you approach 100 or 0?.
you can quickly do some math here, 100x1% = ±1 uncertainty while 0x1% = 0
so answer is C, least actual uncertainty when temperature close to 0

Reaction score
s13_12
7)
Total speed will be 10 + 50
so s = (v -(-u)) / 2 * t
so s = 60/2 * 2 = 600m

9)
Mass of wind coming in contact with the blades per second = density * speed * area = 475.2 kg/s

F = mv-mu/t As it is 475.2 kg/s, we will use
F = 475.2*0 - 475.2*33/1 = D

20)
https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/physics-post-your-doubts-here.9860/page-523#post-820191

23)
image-jpg.44537

29)
Use dsinθ = nλ
from first info find d
Then again use that formula and find θ when n is 2
After that subtract it from 15.4 degree you'll get C as the answer :)

32)
R = ρL / A
R = (1.7 x 10⁻⁸) * (2000) / (Π x (r₂ x 12))
R = 14Ω

33)
First of all we need to find lost volts for power
so V = E - Ir Where V is lost volts, E = e.m.f, I is the current, r is the internal resistance..
I = E/(R + r)
so V = 20 - (2.5 x 1.5) = 16.25V
Now P = IV
so P = 2.5 x 16.25 ≈ 41W

36)
R = V/I
so if R decrease so V will decrease and if R increases so V will increase..
Here, Vp is decreasing as R is decreasing from 10 to zero
And in Vq the R is increasing as R across Vp is decreasing so Vq will decrease.

Reaction score
15)
for a couple, there has to be two equal forces acting in opposite directions. A is wrong because the forces are acting in the same direction. D is wrong because the forces are not acting in opposite directions. then why is C wrong? right? well C is wrong because two forces are in opposite directions but they are working from the same point. why is this a problem then? torque gives rise to a motion that is circular. so if two equal forces are acting from the same point, the meter rule will not rotate. the meter will stationary. try imagining this picture.

Reaction score
5)
sagar's edit :p
Okay, so what we need to find out is the percentage uncertainty in the value of the volume of the sphere with a radius measurement of r = 5.00 mm ± 0.01 mm.

The formula for volume of a sphere as a function of radius is 4πr³/3. Therefore, we are multiplying r into r into r to get r³, and this is the only value in the equation that has any uncertainty - there is no uncertainty in 4/3 and there is no uncertainty in π, so r is the only quantity we need to concern ourselves with.

The rule for uncertainties when any number of quantities are multiplied goes as follows:
"When one multiplies or divides several measurements together, one can often determine the fractional (or percentage) uncertainty in the final result simply by adding the uncertainties in the several quantities."

Let's do this by example. We are multiplying r by itself three times (to get r³) and so to get the percentage uncertainty in the final result, we resort to "adding the uncertainties in he several quantities". In other words, we add the (percentage uncertainty in r) to the (percentage uncertainty in r) to the
(percentage uncertainty in r).

Basically we multiply the percentage uncertainty in r by 3.
The percentage uncertainty in r = (0.01 mm/5.00 mm) * 100 = 0.2 %.
Multiplying this by 3, we get the uncertainty in the volume of the sphere with this radius to be 0.2 * 3 = 0.6% = C.

(more information here: http://spiff.rit.edu/classes/phys273/uncert/uncert.html)

37)
-->After voltage passes through some resistance it will decrease
-->The higher the resistance the greater the decrease in voltage
-->So it will decrease less after passing through 2 ohm than when passing through 4 ohm

38)
Here we are asked to find total EMF in the circuit.
We'll use the formula : EMF*(R1/R1+R2+R3) = V
Now we wont consider 4R coz its parallel attached to other 3 resistors, hence --> EMF*(2/6) =2 so EMF = 6V

Reaction score
15)
or a couple, there has to be two equal forces acting in opposite directions. A is wrong because the forces are acting in the same direction. D is wrong because the forces are not acting in opposite directions. then why is C wrong? right? well C is wrong because two forces are in opposite directions but they are working from the same point. why is this a problem then? torque gives rise to a motion that is circular. so if two equal forces are acting from the same point, the meter rule will not rotate. the meter will stationary. try imagining this picture.

can u also help me with JUN 11 P12 Qs ( 4 , 6 , 10 , 13( why isnt it A) , 14 (why not C))