• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Reaction score
How many significant figures should we leave our answer to in the physics theory paper? I would be very thankful to any one who can give me a detailed explanation.:)

Reaction score
Will come at night to solve everyone's doubt...
The people who asked me for Projectile motion formulas, here you go :

P R O J E C T I L E M O T I O N !

Motion in two dimensions,
v and angle θ with
horizontal, upward is +ve

x-component → no acceleration
Vx = V cos Ø
x = Vxt = Vt cos Ø

y-component → acceleration is g
Vy = V sin Ø
y = Vyt − ½ gt^2

horizontal range → R =(V^2/g) sin 2Ø
max range at θ=45 deegree.

>>>>>>>MORE DETAILED VIDEO ON YOUTUBE<<<<<<<<

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score
Can someone please send me some good labelled diagrams for the following questions.
Q:A loudspeaker produces a sound wave of constant frequency.Outline how a cathode-ray oscilloscope (c.r.o.) may be used to determine this frequency.(o/n 10 p23)
Q:The wave nature of light may be demonstrated using the phenomena of diffraction and interference.Outline how diffraction and interference may be demonstrated using light.In each case,draw a fully labelled diagram of the apparatus that is used and describe what is observed.(o/n 09 21)
Q:Outline briefly an experiment that may be used to demonstrate (i) diffraction of a transverse wave. (ii)Suggest how your experiment in (i) may be changed to demonstrate the diffraction of a longitudinal wave.(W08)
Q:The wave in (b) was produced in a ripple tank. Describe briefly, with the aid of a sketch.(w13 qp 23)
diagram, how the wave may be observed
QDescribe apparatus that demonstrates Brownian motion. Include a diagram.(s13 qp23)
Q:A ripple tank is used to demonstrate interference between water waves.
Describe(i) the apparatus used to produce two sources of coherent waves that have circular
wavefronts
Q:Experiment for determining Young Modulus.
Q-Demonstrating interfernce in i)microwaves ii)Water waves.
Q:Observing Stationary waves i)using a stretched string ii)Microwaves iii)Air column.
All these questions carry more than 4 marks and require some explanation too.I have done these questions in the past but i want to make sure what i will draw is correct.I will be very thankful to your response and I hope it helps others too.
Thank you.
Best of luck. :)

Reaction score
Here you go :) Credits papajohn
Distance S2M =128 (from Pythagoras thereom)
Path difference S2M - S1M
128-100 = 28 (If you do not know this concept then take help from Pacific Physics Vol 2 )

Wavelenght at 1 Khz of sound wave is λ=v/f 330/1^103= 33cm
λ of 4kHz 330/4^103= 8.25 cm

Path difference for minima = odd number of the half the λ
Or simply (2n+1) * λ/2
Put n = 0 in the formula (2*0 +1) λ/2 = 56
Put N= 1 =2(1)+1) * λ/2 =18.7
Put N = 2 2(2) =1) * λ/2 = 11.2
Put N= 4 2(3) +1* λ/2 = 8
Sice λ 56 cm and 8 cm are not within the range of 8.25 to 33 cm, so minima is obtained for λ 11.2 and 18.7cm Therefore two minma are detected.

Reaction score
Here you go :)
Distance S2M =128 (from Pythagoras thereom)
Path difference S2M - S1M
128-100 = 28 (If you do not know this concept then take help from Pacific Physics Vol 2 )

Wavelenght at 1 Khz of sound wave is λ=v/f 330/1^103= 33cm
λ of 4kHz 330/4^103= 8.25 cm

Path difference for minima = odd number of the half the λ
Or simply (2n+1) * λ/2
Put n = 0 in the formula (2*0 +1) λ/2 = 56
Put N= 1 =2(1)+1) * λ/2 =18.7
Put N = 2 2(2) =1) * λ/2 = 11.2
Put N= 4 2(3) +1* λ/2 = 8
Sice λ 56 cm and 8 cm are not within the range of 8.25 to 33 cm, so minima is obtained for λ 11.2 and 18.7cm Therefore two minma are detected.
Thanks man got i had not understood this concept yet but got it now