• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
It's okay, bro. Someone else will extend their helping hand. * you're my genius though (y)
No need. :p I got it.
a = F / m => a = -60N /30kg = -2m/s^2 (the force and acceleration are negative b/c the force opposes motion and the trolley slows down)
a = (change is velocity) / time => -2m/s^2 =[ v(f) - 3.0m/s] / 0.5s. Solving for V(f) we have: v(f) = 2m/s

Reaction score
Can somebody help me with this? It seems quite easy, cause its in number 5, but i couldn't figure out where to start from. Much help appreciated.

V2=U2+2as
V2=0+2*0.2*1000=400 'Change 1km to m' :)
V=Root of 400
V=20m/s :)

actually v square would be zero as it is the final speed, and you are finding the initial speed which is u.. You got the right answer in this case, but it could just as well have been wrong. u is initial and v is final

Reaction score
actually v square would be zero as it is the final speed, and you are finding the initial speed which is u.. You got the right answer in this case, but it could just as well have been wrong. u is initial and v is final
Thanks for correction :)