• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I understood that why brightness is increasing..!! But tell me why less fringes are formed. :confused: ..!!
Should i post the photo of the page of that book in which all of this stuff is explained in very detail ...but it will confuse you a lot ... :/

Reaction score
explain how lines in the emission spectrum of gases at low pressure provide evidence for discrete electron energy levels in atoms

Reaction score
explain how lines in the emission spectrum of gases at low pressure provide evidence for discrete electron energy levels in atoms
When the photons colide with the electrons in the ground state, the electrons gain energy and they move to a higher energy level. The lifetime of the electrons in the higher energy level is less, so the electrons de-excite and releasing the energy in the form of photons. The energy of these photons is equal to the difference in the energy levels. Each atom has discrete energy levels so easch transition corresponds to different frequencies and wavwlengths.

Reaction score
When the photons colide with the electrons in the ground state, the electrons gain energy and they move to a higher energy level. The lifetime of the electrons in the higher energy level is less, so the electrons de-excite and releasing the energy in the form of photons. The energy of these photons is equal to the difference in the energy levels. Each atom has discrete energy levels so easch transition corresponds to different frequencies and wavwlengths.
ah u saved the day brother peace

Reaction score
salam,
I am having trouble with this:

EoCQ 3
Question 1
When a golfer hits a ball his club is in contact with the ball for about 0.0005s and the ball leaves the club with a speed of 70m/s. The mass of the ball is 46g.

a)Determine the mean accelerating force.
b)What mass, resting on the ball, would exert the same force as in a?

Answers
a) 6440 ≈ 6400 N
b) 656 ≈ 660 kg

I just need explanation.

It might be simple, but I actually am doing self-study, do don't make fun of me.
Thanks

Reaction score
salam,
I am having trouble with this:

EoCQ 3
Question 1
When a golfer hits a ball his club is in contact with the ball for about 0.0005s and the ball leaves the club with a speed of 70m/s. The mass of the ball is 46g.

a)Determine the mean accelerating force.
b)What mass, resting on the ball, would exert the same force as in a?

Answers
a) 6440 ≈ 6400 N
b) 656 ≈ 660 kg

I just need explanation.

It might be simple, but I actually am doing self-study, do don't make fun of me.
Thanks
69961c41ca979648016098e2f096cc31.png

it says mean accelerating force consider so (70*46*10^-30)/0.0005=6440
for (b) F=ma 6440=m*9.81
m=656kg

Reaction score
thankkss. but for ii) why do i have t find the energy? what is m∆φ? :D[/quot
thankkss. but for ii) why do i have t find the energy? what is m∆φ? :D
well gravitational potential is the work done per unit mass in bringing mass from infinity to that point unit mass means kilogram so u need to find energy as u might know that energy is conserved so we equate and find the velocity and thats the way it is