• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
can someone give a model answer for this question?? the marking svheme doesnt make sense...
Explain why values of gravitational potential are always negative whereas values of
electric potential may be positive or negative.

Reaction score
can someone give a model answer for this question?? the marking svheme doesnt make sense...
Explain why values of gravitational potential are always negative whereas values of
electric potential may be positive or negative.

due attration and repulsion the electric potential values are +ve and -ve where as in gravitational potential there's always attraction so everytime the -ve sign is included.

Reaction score
Can someone help me with this question....how do you calculate the resultant force?

Attachments

• k.jpg
    k.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
Hey guys, what are you supposed to do in order to finish physics P1 P2 P4 and P5 without running out of time, and also getting A* overall?

Reaction score
Hey guys, what are you supposed to do in order to finish physics P1 P2 P4 and P5 without running out of time, and also getting A* overall?

Just focus on P4 as it is having the max weightage and try to score maxx marks ..like around 80-85 in this paper and you can easily get an A* or if you are having less time then you can only prepare the application part well along with other two topics like magnetism and quantum or heat ch ...and then give you max on P2 so this will easily let you to score atleast an A.
For paper 5 , you only have to memories the mark schemes or 3-4 specific papers and copy pasting that things in any paper can make an A in that component too ..

Reaction score
someone help me with rms value problem solvings...

if theres notes on it or anythng plz send me the links...

thnk u

Reaction score
yea i knw tht...but the thng is tht it gets complicated in word problems..

calculating the Irms from sinusoidal wave graph is different from square wave graph thats why u must be having the problems...
there's another way to calculate the Irms for square wave which is not given in the coursebook so first understand that method and then try to solve the questions.

Reaction score
actually is nothin to do with a graph....its like a situation is given....weve to use rms...

ill upload a sample then help me with it,can u?
calculating the Irms from sinusoidal wave graph is different from square wave graph thats why u must be having the problems...
there's another way to calculate the Irms for square wave which is not given in the coursebook so first understand that method and then try to solve the questions.