• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
also if anyone can give me any adivce or help for the practical October/november 2013 p33 ill be very grateful

Reaction score
Hi there,
i have a lil confussion here if anyone can solve it for me regardin physics. Actually i em doin my A level's and i need to take physics just to get admission in my country for futher studies but i personally dont like physics so i was planin that i will study physics in AS level (11) but will not appear in the board exam may/june session then when i will be done with my A2 level (12) at that time i will give both AS level and A2 level papers so is it alright to do so or it might be hard for me ?
em doin this cuz i dont wonna mess up with my bio and chemistry subject grades

thank u so much i got it
i will ask more question from u when i get stuck ;)

Reaction score
in the practical how do you find percentage uncertainty in angles and everything also how do you find gradient and y-intercept from the graphs,

Percentage uncertainity = delta theta/theta x 100
depends on what typs of graph u r talking about.

Reaction score
can u explain this question 5 b(ii) why we cant use the formula I2R or V2/R why ONLY P=IV ???
and also part c ??
(n)

I^2R and V^2R are only for the external resistance. It can be used to find the power of R in this circuit.
whereas they are asked to find out the power for the internal resistance of the battery.

Reaction score
can u explain this question 5 b(ii) why we cant use the formula I2R or V2/R why ONLY P=IV ???
and also part c ??
(n)

part c. see bii first. they have asked to calculate the power transformed to cell B. that is it is the power is supplied. It is the power input. the power we got it as 60W. then they have asked to find the energy loss per second. we got it as 22.5. this is lesser than the power supplied to cell B. so if the energy lost is less. it is claer that energy can be stored (in cell A)

Reaction score
part c. see bii first. they have asked to calculate the power transformed to cell B. that is it is the power is supplied. It is the power input. the power we got it as 60W. then they have asked to find the energy loss per second. we got it as 22.5. this is lesser than the power supplied to cell B. so if the energy lost is less. it is claer that energy can be stored (in cell A)

thanks GOD bless u !!!!!
(y)

Reaction score

can u explain me this question part b(i) and part c

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
If I do Full A-Level physics, will my AS Level grade be eliminated and replaced with the Full A-Level one?

Reaction score

bi) they have asked to find the resistance between the points A and B.
Look at the loop only for these 2 points. Its a potential divider circuit. Hence u use the potential divider equations
V(out)= R1/(R1+R2) x V(in)
i.e.
V(out) = R(ab)/(Rab+R(i.e. 1.2 ohms) x V(in)
Subtitute the values and find the answer.

Reaction score

As for part c. they have told that the volmeter can be calibrated for readings upto 10 Volts. Isnt this a very small scale?? I mean how much can u calibrate if its for 50 readings... Its a very small scale. we cant be able to do that. However if it would be till 50V. it was possible. The other point would be that if the scale is small. it is clear that the divisions will be non- linear. Ther will be mistakes in calibration so the divisions will not be accurate therfore chances of random errors and hence getting wrong answers.

Reaction score
As for part c. they have told that the volmeter can be calibrated for readings upto 10 Volts. Isnt this a very small scale?? I mean how much can u calibrate if its for 50 readings... Its a very small scale. we cant be able to do that. However if it would be till 50V. it was possible. The other point would be that if the scale is small. it is clear that the divisions will be non- linear. Ther will be mistakes in calibration so the divisions will not be accurate therfore chances of random errors and hence getting wrong answers.

thanks a lot you rocked :p
!!!!!!

Reaction score

in marking scheme they did in this way
4/5 x 1200.
how they did it ???